Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: We now sell Retinoic Acid gel  (Read 8411 times)

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
We now sell Retinoic Acid gel
« on: November 22, 2010, 02:57:34 PM »
0.05% Retinoic acid (Tretinoin) gel in a 20 g  tube

The reason we are  twice as cheap as the world's cheapest supplier (incl. shipping cost) is  that some tubes may have some (harmless) dents in them.

We charge 13 dollars. There is one online pharmacy that charges less, but that's just a trick because when you checkout, you'll find that shipping is 25 dollars, so even when buying two tubes, we're the cheapest in the world. We charge $2.50 for shipping to the US and $2,- to Europe.

Retin-A repairs  photodamaged skin, improves fine lines and wrinkles, unclogs pores and  black heads, controls acne, helps eliminating acne spots and evens out  skin coloration. It improves the appearance of fresh stretch marks and  to a lesser extent of old stretch marks. For most conditions, the  effects of Retin-A will only appear after several months of use.

Excellent  for dermarolling pre-treatment of face, scars, stretch marks, skin with  lost elasticity and unwanted pigmentation.

Only a pea-size  amount of gel should be used to spread on the entire face. Using more  may cause irritation and redness. Make sure the skin is dry before  application.

Since Tretinoin is sun sensitive, apply before  bedtime and use a high factor sun screen over the next days.

In  the beginning, do not apply daily. Start slowly. Apply every three days,  then gradually every second day, etc.

Tretinoin will likely make  your skin peel. To avoid peeling of your fingers, wash your hands after  applying the gel.

If skin redness, irritation or excessive  peeling occurs, decrease the frequency of application and the amount of  the applied gel.

Do not apply immediately after dermarolling,  because it will sting. Wait at least until the day after.

If used  for acne the condition may worsen at first and improvement comes later.

Keep  the skin moisturized. Vit. A is fat-soluble and can be applied together  with other creams.

Do not apply if you are pregnant, lactating  or planning a pregnancy.

kakalakingma

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2010, 02:26:25 AM »
Hi Sarah,

Can you please provide me with the full ingredient list here? Thanks in advance! I am curious to know if it is alcohol based.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2010, 06:09:51 AM »
We don't have the detailed list, sorry. I will ask the manufacturer. You can also do it yourself, below is a link to the box and the enclosed information.

But it most likely contains at least some alcohol, because Retinoic acid is not soluble in water, but it is in alcohol and fat.

Since it is not an ointment but a gel, you can assume alcohol is used:

https://http://dermaroller.owndoc.com/A-Ret.pdf

kakalakingma

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2010, 09:19:29 PM »
I am asking about any alcohol content because like SD-alcohol or ethyl alcohol or isopropyl alcohol I have adverse experience with them in the past so I have been avoding products with them and especially in high percentages. I get burning and redness a lot of times in the past; I do believe it has to do with apply it frequently and in like 50+ in percentage in astringents. Maybe I have outgrown it I don't know.