Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Best way of rolling small acne scars, lines and cuts on the face  (Read 6959 times)

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
> My entire face is has very small scars or lines (not wrinkles) from acne

> scarring and small scars from cuts.  It is hard to decide how to roll for

> the entire face.  I just go in one direction at a time for the whole face.

> Should I do a little area at a time instead?

It doesn't really matter. You should roll in a way that it is comfortable to you. If you can take the pain of rolling your entire face then roll your entire face. The problem with acne scars is that they are usually quite deep and that's why you have to use long needles and go deep. It will take a long time to achieve results.

Another problem that can occur with dermarolling scars is that it exposes some semi-hidden acne scars that were below the skin and they were not so visible because there was a small skin layer covering them. But the scar was there and the skin was uneven.

Dermarolling uncovered those hidden scars because the dermaroller exposed the scar underneath. Lots of people report that their acne-scarred skin actually looked worse after several initial rollings because all those "hidden" scars were exposed. But that was the first step to improve the scars. Later their scars improved significantly by dermarolling, especially when vit. A was applied.

poptart99

Best way of rolling small acne scars, lines and cuts on the face
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 03:27:42 PM »
I've done two dermarolling sessions on some depressed acne scars on my cheeks and I'm starting to see some results. They are minimal, but I plan to continue. I didn't know that scars that were hidden could be exposed... sounds like it's temporary, but still a little scary. I haven't noticed any of this yet from dermarolling, but I believe for sure there are scars that continue to show up because this has happened with age!! Argggh!

Thanks for all the dermarolling info. I think this is definitely one of the most promising restorative treatments for acne scars.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Best way of rolling small acne scars, lines and cuts on the face
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 04:25:29 PM »
Keep on rolling, you'll see solid improvement if you stick to it!

And temporarily exposed "hidden" scars will disappear again, only more so than before :-)