Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: how do I know I applied enough pressure when rolling?  (Read 7232 times)

Anna

how do I know I applied enough pressure when rolling?
« on: December 05, 2010, 11:14:33 AM »
when I was rolling my face I basically applied very little pressure to none I just let the roller glide across my face because I watched a video once and the girl said absolutely no pressure. Anyway afterwards my skin was very red sunburn-like and I had a few pinpoint dots of blood on my cheeks and some on forehead. The day after my skin was very slightly pink almost unnoticeable and today two days later it's not pink at all and I have no peeling or anything yet. How do I know if I'd did it right or if I applied enough pressure?

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2010, 02:49:21 PM »
You must have done it just right because everything you describe is as it should be.

If you get red and tender after dermarolling, the pressure was right. Getting pinpoint bleeding is also a good sign (you reached the dermis part of the skin). The capillaries in the dermis are irregularly positioned and their density, as well as the thickness of the skin is individual so not everybody gets pinpoint bleeding.

Anna

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2010, 07:16:06 PM »
awesome! Thanks you! I feel better now (=