Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Lumps after rolling  (Read 15712 times)

choccylover

Lumps after rolling
« on: December 06, 2010, 07:03:26 PM »
Hello

I am a little concerned. I finally rolled my face on Friday evening. It is now Monday evening and I have lots of rough bumps mainly on my forehead. I used a 1.5 roller, I didn't not draw blood, though once or twice I felt a snagging sensation. Prior to use I had been using retin A gel, which I stopped for a few nights, used a little vitamin c . After rolling and for the next day and night  I used Infadolan.  Last night I used a small amount of retin A. As I am in the UK I couldn't sterilise using alcohol (can't find any) but used Miltons  instead (this is a cold sterilising fluid used to clean baby bottles) to clean the roller. I sued an anti septic wipe on the skin before and after. Most of my face appears red, but I am most concerned about the roughness and lumps which have appeared (like colourless blackheads)

I would be grateful of any advice as I am very nervous that I may have done something detrimental, I can find nothing on the web.

Many thanks for your help

best wishes

kakalakingma

Lumps after rolling
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 07:47:41 PM »
Hi choccylover,

I am not Sarah, but I want to comment and ask some thing. I think you've experienced an adverse reaction, but I doubt it is from the derma roller. I checked online and I read that the Milton Sterilizing Fluid contain "Sodium Hypochlorite 2% w/v, Milton Sterilising Fluid also contains amongst other ingredients:, Sodium Chloride 16.5% w/v". Sodium Hypochlorite is the scientific name  for bleach. Now I am not sure if you washed off the bleach on the needles before you used it on your face. I am thinking you had an adverse reaction from the bleach. In Sarah's Derma Roller Instruction she recommends alcohol because it evaporates fairly quickly. I am not sure if bleach evaporate the same way or sticks to the needle. I think it is one thing to have bleach sit on your skin and another to have to derma roll into your skin. What is in your antiseptic wipes?

Here is the article post on this forum regarding  disinfecting your derma roller

choccylover

Lumps after rolling
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2010, 09:02:25 AM »
Hello

Thank you for your reply - thats a good point - I didn't use another uk sterilizing product, dettol, because I know i'm sensitive to  that. Unfortunately if you go to a chemist here and request alcohol they look at you as if wanted to drink it! I've tried all our local chemists. Perhaps when I go into London. Skin still rough, but thank you for your help

Best wishes

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Lumps after rolling
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2010, 02:00:13 PM »
I tend to agree that the lumps are not a result of rolling but an adverse reaction to a substance. You should temporarily stop with the Tretinoin gel and vit. C (they are both acidic and that could irritate the skin at the moment) and keep the skin moisturized.

Roughness of the skin is normal for several days after dermarolling since the skin is being renewed.

Keep us posted how it goes. I hope the lumps will disappear soon.

I found ethyl alcohol disinfectant in the UK:

https://http://www.criticalenvironmentsolutions.co.uk/proddetail.php?prod=9917900

Microzone "Chemicals"

70% Ethanol solution

·    It consists of a solution of ethanol in deionised water - a standard disinfecting solution in bioclean rooms.

·    It is manufactured with high quality ethanol to ensure excellent performance and the minimum hazard to health.

https://http://www.elexind.it/Eng/Ambienti/Ambienti_prod1cf.htm

This product contains ethanol and purified water. Excellent for disinfection of dermarollers and the skin (alcohols dry the skin though). If you do not like it for your skin, use Betadine cream or solution. (which contains Povidone-iodine). Betadine is for sale in pharmacies and it is a good skin disinfectant.

choccylover

Lumps after rolling
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2010, 02:17:46 PM »
Fantastic! How wonderful are you?! Thank you so much.

kakalakingma

Lumps after rolling
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2010, 09:42:43 PM »
choccylover;917 wrote: Hello

Thank you for your reply - thats a good point - I didn't use another uk sterilizing product, dettol, because I know i'm sensitive to  that. Unfortunately if you go to a chemist here and request alcohol they look at you as if wanted to drink it! I've tried all our local chemists. Perhaps when I go into London. Skin still rough, but thank you for your help

Best wishes

You have to go to the chemist to get alcohol for disinfectant? Goes, UK does business differently. LOL. Well, at least Sarah help you.

choccylover

Lumps after rolling
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2011, 08:55:06 AM »
Thank you everyone. The bumps took a  few weeks to go. But gone they have! Many thanks for your advice

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: Lumps after rolling
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2013, 05:24:09 PM »
Miltons should never be used to disinfect metal instruments with, because it contains agressive free Chlorine.