Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Why Infadolan works on wrinkles  (Read 27440 times)

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Why Infadolan works on wrinkles
« on: December 14, 2010, 09:44:50 AM »
>I have read that some people notice very quick improvement

>in lines around their eyes using Infadolan but how can this be

>scientifically possible?

Good question.

Infadolan is a medical grade, regenerative ointment with vitamins A, D and Lanolin. No preservatives, no fragrance. It is indicated for first-degree burns and other smaller injuries. It helps the protection, re-epithelization and regeneration of the skin.

The vitamins A & D are very beneficial for the skin and Lanolin is an outstanding moisturizer.

Please read this information from Wikipedia about Lanolin, clarifying why it helps diminishing wrinkles:

https://http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lanolin

LANOLIN

"New products obtained using complex purification techniques produce lanolin esters in their natural state removing oxidative and environmental impurities resulting in white, odourless, hypoallergenic lanolin. These ultra-high purity grades of lanolin are ideally suited to the treatment of dermatological disorders such as eczema and on open wounds.

Some years ago, lanolin attracted a great deal of attention owing to a misunderstanding concerning its sensitising potential. A study carried out at New York University Hospital in the early 1950s had shown that approximately 1% of patients with dermatological disorders were allergic to the lanolin being used at that time. However, this figure was misinterpreted and taken out of context and became quoted as 1% of the general healthy (American) population. It has been estimated that this simple misunderstanding by failing to differentiate between the general healthy population and patients with dermatological disorders exaggerates the sensitising potential of lanolin by approximately 5,000 - 6,000 times.

More recently, using modern scientific methods, attention has focused on the positive aspects of lanolin and on increasing our understanding about how lanolin achieves its beneficial skin effects.

Modern analytical methods have revealed that lanolin possesses a number of important chemical and physical similarities to human stratum corneum lipids; the lipids which help regulate the rate of trans-epidermal water loss and govern the hydration state of the skin.

Cryo-scanning electron microscopy has shown that lanolin, like human stratum corneum lipids, consists of a mass of liquid crystalline material. Cross-polarised light microscopy has shown the multi-lamellar vesicles formed by lanolin are identical to those formed by human stratum corneum lipids. It is well known that the incorporation of bound water into the stratum corneum involves the formation of multi-lamellar vesicles.

Skin bio-engineering studies have shown that the durational effect of the emollient (skin smoothing) action produced by lanolin is very significant and lasts for many hours. Lanolin applied to the skin at 2mg cm-2 has been shown to reduce roughness by ca. 35% after 1 hour and ca. 50% after 2 hours with the overall lasting for considerably more than 8 hours. Lanolin is also known to form semi-occlusive (i.e. breathable) films on the skin. When applied daily at ca. 4 mg cm-2 for five consecutive days, the positive moisturising effects of lanolin were detectable until ca. 72 hours after final application. It has been postulated that lanolin may achieve some of its moisturising effects forming a secondary moisture reservoir within the skin."

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2010, 09:57:57 AM »
In short, Lanolin is a veritable dermatological miracle. Nature's perfect moisturizer. It's so puzzlingly effective that several research projects tried to discover exactly how it works.

Sadly, I was accused on a skin care forum that Infadolan ointment is "cheap and contains nothing special". Yes - it's good value for money but no, it does contain something very special!

We sell Infadolan as dermarolling/needling aftercare and lanolin with its excellent moisturizing properties and non-acidic form of vit. A was one of the reasons why I chose it.

I don't understand why people think that a cream is good just because it costs 100 dollars, why they prefer creams with dozens of chemicals or why they believe that snake venom cream or other exotic sounding ingredients will help their wrinkles.

Hydrating creams do not hydrate skin, long-term. In fact, hydrating creams saturate the skin surface with water, making the skin look temporarily better but this very temporary hydration actually increases the evaporation of water from the skin! After several hours you end up with drier skin than you started with.

You again apply hydrating cream and the vicious circle continues. You have to prevent water vaporization from the skin to achieve good moisturisation.

The cream has to be semi-occlusive. Semi-occlusive ointments such as Infadolan are not suitable for daily care of acne prone skin or oily facial skin but they are excellent for super-moisturisation (thus diminishing lines and wrinkles) and protection of dry areas on the face and body – such as around the eyes, the lips, the back of the hands etc. Apply just a little - there is not need for heavy application.

Anna

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2010, 10:20:56 PM »
I'm so glad you wrote this article... It answers all questions I could possibly have about infadolan. I have acne prone skin and used it for over a week now after dermarolling and it never broke me out, different strokes for different folks but personally I love it. Right now I use it around my eyes between my eyebrows and at tthe top of my nose all places where I'm starting to wrinkle and it works amazingly especially around my eyes that was my biggest problem area and it works WOW I'm about to place another order for a couple of more tubes I don't want to run out and your pricing is so very reasonable thank you for that I really appreciate the fact that you don't charge an arm and a leg for quality skincare. I have recommended you to all my friends and family.

kakalakingma

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2010, 06:21:43 AM »
Sarah, I agree with you that expensive does NOT mean better. I wouldn't want to spend 100 dollars on a cream . LOL. I rather use it on something more practical. Can you provide your forum readers with research support Retinyl Acetate for wrinkles? When I think of vitamin A and wrinkles, I usually think of "retinol" or "tretinoin". You post up a box diagram somewhere on your website showing a comparison of each vitamin A derivative in regards to stability, skin irritancy, and penetration speed. However, I would like to now the conversion speed from retinyl acetate to all-trans-retinoic acid, which is the most biological active and receptive form of vitamin A. I guess it can come down to personal sensitivity to ingredient and trade off. Like, hypothetically, a person would prefer non-acidic Retinyl Acetate over tretinoin due to sensitivity, but the trade off is that it takes longer to see results because the conversion rate is lower.  What do you think?

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2010, 09:22:09 AM »
This thread is about the effects of lanolin but anyway:

All forms of vit. A have their pros and cons.

In the skin, Retinyl acetate or palmitate is easily converted by esterase enzymes into Retinol. Retinol is oxidized into Retinoic acid.

Retinyl acetate penetrates the epidermis more efficiently than Retinoic acid and is more stable.

Retinyl acetate (Infadolan ointment contains it) is much less irritating for the skin therefore it is much more suitable to apply directly after dermarolling.

Retinoic acid (A-Ret cream or gel contains it) is not suitable to be used on the face right after dermarolling. Retinoic acid should be used prior to dermarolling and you can restart application when the skin is healed from dermarolling.

I would also give preference to Retinyl acetate or palmitate on sensitive areas such as around the eyes.

If Retinoic acid is too irritating for you, replace it with vit. A esters (Retinyl acetate or palmitate) or Retinol. However, do not give up with Retinoic acid too soon. In most cases, the skin will gradually get used to it. Do not overuse it. A pea size amount is enough for the entire face. If your skin is irritated, apply less, and less frequently. In case of Retinoids the more is not the better.

Regarding your question: There are too many variables to consider. Retinyl palmitate is cheap, stable, non-irritable but it is a large molecule so it may not penetrate the skin easily. Retinyl acetate is stable, easily penetrative, non- irritable. Retinol is unstable and more irritating. Retinoic acid is unstable and rather irritating. They are all efficient and useful, some more than others in specific situations (such as directly after dermarolling, or specifically for acne etc). They are  converted to Retinoic acid in the skin.

mustardseed46

• Forum member
Re: Why Infadolan works on wrinkles
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2013, 09:24:23 AM »
I've noticed on skin care forums that many people have said that Tretinoin (Retin-A) around the eye area seems to have caused more wrinkles there. After what I have read, would seem a good idea to use Retinyl acetate (Infadolan) in place of Tretinoin around the eye area.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: Why Infadolan works on wrinkles
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2013, 03:51:57 PM »
Initially, Tretinoin makes skin dry.  Wrinkles and lines are more visible on dry skin and that is why it may seem in some cases that Tretinoin worsened wrinkles but it did not.  Long term, Tretinoin improves wrinkles.

However, I do not recommend using Tretinoin on the sensitive skin around the eyes. Our Infadolan ointment that contains Retinyl acetate is much more suitable in this area.
Some of our customers improved the lines around the eyes with Infadolan:

https://http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarolling-microneedling/infadolan-experience-thread/