Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Help with atrophic scars.  (Read 8227 times)

PaMom

Help with atrophic scars.
« on: June 29, 2011, 12:15:05 PM »
Hello!

First off thank you for such an amazing forum. I have been looking into the derma rolling process for awhile and excited to say I just ordered a 1.5 and .5 roller.

I have questions on how to roll breast augmentation scars in the crease. I have one scar that was unfortunately put too low and is a bit on my chest rather than the crease. This scar is a bit atrophic is nature and it is 100% important to me that this scar become as near invisible as possible as it is visible at the bottom of my bathing suit (cry.) The other scar is in the crease and is also a bit atrophic, but I dealt with mondors cords and had a small hole open up which has closed up awhile ago, but left a centimeter or so scar ON my actual breast above the incision. (crying again). I don't want to go the route of scar revision surgery which is why I'm trying this.

If it helps to know I am 13 weeks post surgery and have been using scarguard md silicone liquid on them.

How often can I use the 1.5 on the scars and then how often can I use the .5 in between? I am desperate to have these scars go away (if possible)

Also (sorry for so many questions) I was going to buy the single line roller in 1.5 but the instructions were confusing!

"Roll the whole area (stretch marks/scars/wrinkles and surrounding skin) once every five weeks with the regular dermaroller and then roll every day (or whenever you have time) very densely only the stretch mark/scar/wrinkle with the 1-liner dermaroller. You can roll several stretch marks/scars/wrinkles every day but you should not roll the same one more than once a month with the 1-liner."

It's conflicting because it says at first to roll everyday with the 1-liner, but then says don't roll the same scar more than once a month. Huh?

Thanks for your help and I look forward to your answers!

PaMom

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2011, 01:21:37 PM »
I also ordered the Infadolan cream so could you please tell me exactly when to apply (before or after) and how frequent (only on rolling days or everyday regardless of rolling).

Thank you!

PaMom

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2011, 01:42:33 PM »
Bothering you one more time as my questions are plenty! Sorry!

;)

My scars are each about three inches long. What is the appropriate way to roll the 1.5 (directions and times per roll) and the same question for the .5.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2011, 03:27:13 PM »
You should definitely buy the single needles for intensive scar treatment.

The scar in the crease is really difficult to roll intensively with a roller.

Needle the scar with the single needles very thoroughly and densely every four weeks until you achieve results.

First, roll the area with the 1.5 mm roller, then immediately afterwards or when you have time, needle them.

You can use the 0.5 mm dermaroller too but wait until the needling has healed.

It is difficult to use a roller under breast crease. You should lift your breast with one hand and roll only up and down (direction back and forth towards the nipple). When you go back and forth, lift the roller before each movement to avoid the needles going back into the same pricks.

Surgery scars - apply Infadolan immediately after dermarolling and about ten days afterwards to keep the needled scar occluded. Just a little Infadolan is enough.

Mondor's Cords are inflamed veins and you should not roll over them if they are not healed.

The instructions for the one liner mean to say that you can roll every day but every day a different scar. Many customers have dozens of stretch marks and they cannot roll them all properly with the one liner in one go. They roll several stretch marks per day but every day different ones. You have

only two scars so that is easy.

PaMom

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2011, 03:36:17 PM »
Thank you for your quick reply. I did not order the single needles, but won't they go in too far? They look "gulp" long!!! Do you know if my order shipped out and if I still have time to add the single needles in?

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2011, 05:16:40 PM »
I have no idea who you are so I can't say anything about your order. If you haven't received a shipping confirmation yet (usually within 24 hours of ordering), then we could combine orders.

The single needles are 1.5 to 2 mm long and they stop by themselves as a safety feature.