Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Rolling only for product absorption ~  (Read 7221 times)

Spring~Roll

Rolling only for product absorption ~
« on: April 04, 2011, 01:00:07 PM »
Hello. I'd like to get the smallest needle size that I can use a few times a week. My goal is just to get topical products to penetrate deeper. Which would be the size to get for this application that I can repeat during the week? Also, would this be the same size for facial skin?

Would it also be working on collagen, or would it be too short for that purpose?

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 02:28:56 PM »
A 0.25 mm dermaroller is suitable to enhance the penetration of skin products and you can use it every second day. You can use it both on your face and on the rest of the body.

The needles have to reach the dermis in order to induce collagen, so dermarollers for skin care product penetration enhancement are too short. They do however improve many skin conditions by speeding up the skin's turnover. We have a customer who used a 0.25 mm dermaroller for her pigmentation (she was scared of longer needles). She had pigmentation on her forehead and the pigmentation stretched a bit onto her scalp. She rolled her face only, not her scalp. After about 6 months, the pigmentation on her face had disappeared but the pigmentation on the scalp (which hadn't been rolled) was still there. She used rosehip oil after dermarolling.

Alternatively you can use a 0.5 mm dermaroller, twice a week on your face and three times a week on your body. Its needles penetrate about 0.3 mm into the skin.  Skin thickness varies around the body but in many cases 0.3 mm is able to reach the top of the dermis.

Do not forget that dermarollers significantly enhance product penetration. Acidic products such as Retin A (Retinoic acid) will sting if you apply them right after dermarolling so it is better not to apply them immediately after rolling.

Spring~Roll

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2011, 01:20:55 PM »
Thanks for the information, it helps me decide which size to buy.