Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Efficacy of dermarolling for my kind of scar  (Read 6771 times)

scarryblue

Efficacy of dermarolling for my kind of scar
« on: April 13, 2011, 08:57:55 PM »
Good day Ms. Vaughter. This is my first post though I've been a lurker on your site for a year now. I just had 1 session of subcision and 1 session of dermastamping with my derma but I see no improvement at all. Losing my hope and patience.

I just need to know an honest assessment for deep scars on my nasal area..Will these kind of scars respond to dermarolling? Thanks in advance. More power.

Attached files        

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Efficacy of dermarolling for my kind of scar
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 02:53:46 PM »
It is unrealistic to expect results after just one session or very soon after a session. Collagen production takes a long time and repeated dermarolling or needling is necessary.

Even acne scars do not respond in most cases after one session. Some of our customers got significant results only after a year and a half of dermarolling.

Concerning your scars, the tissue of the nose is quite special because there is cartilage underneath. Your deep scars actually look like there is not only skin missing but the underlying structures (cartilage) is also affected / reseeded.  A dermaroller cannot affect anything else than the skin itself.

There is a good chance that your scars will respond to dermarolling but it will take a long time and the results will not be like you're hoping for I'm afraid.

My honest answer is that the position and depth of your scar requires a consultation with a plastic surgeon. Maybe they can use a filler of some kind, such as cartilage taken from another part of your body.