Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Infadolan after microdermabrasion?  (Read 7771 times)

Spring~Roll

Infadolan after microdermabrasion?
« on: April 14, 2011, 11:20:04 AM »
I frequently use microdermabrasion cloths and crystals resulting in a face that's a bit red and raw. Is Infadolan the best thing to use afterwards for skin healing and regeneration?

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 12:24:53 PM »
Infadolan is very suitable for skin healing, regeneration and protection. Especially after "aggressive" or invasive treatments such as dermarolling with long needles, deeper peelings, after Fraxel laser treatment, first degree burns etc.

Microdermabrasion is not a very aggressive treatment so a less oily product would be sufficient but if you do not mind that its consistency is quite oily then it is a good idea to use it.

We even have customers who use Infadolan daily as an aftershave on their face and they are happy with it.

Many customers use it daily around their eyes for intensive moisturizing.

Apply just a little Infadolan. No need for heavy application.

If you want to use something less heavy but still soothing and suitable, use almond oil.

Pour some almond oil on a tap water wetted cotton pad and spread it on your face.

Use Infadolan on the skin after intensive treatments or daily around your eyes and on back of your hands.

Spring~Roll

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2011, 01:02:55 PM »
I just read that the Infadolan has a vaseline base. I don't like the idea of putting petroleum jelly on my skin. It doesn't seem like a healthy ingredient, and I imagine acne appearing. Are these valid concerns, or is the petroleum jelly a small percentage of the base? I wish it was just lanolin.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2011, 04:20:49 PM »
You are right that if you are prone to acne, that you should be careful, although none of our customers so far reported that they'd suffered an acne breakout after using it.

It should only be used for one or two days after micro-needling acne scars. Only for stretchmarks it should be used longer. (Also explained in our instructions)

Pure vaseline is totally harmless and an excellent occlusive. Our customers report great results and we did our homework on this ointment used in burn centers in Europe.

We think it is an excellent choice and there are no health concerns whatsoever regarding Vaseline.

We chose Infadolan because we could not find anything better. We're not affiliated with any brand, we just buy it in in bulk from a pharmacy.

Vaseline has perhaps been given a bad name by vendors who are selling vaseline-less products. They did the same with Lanolin, saying it is an allergen. We gave in the Infadolan thread link to scientific studies that found that there is no such thing as Lanolin allergy.

I don't think there exists any studies disproving that Vaseline would be unhealthy, because proving a negative is impossible. I never heard of studies about Vaseline being unhealthy either.