Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: To squeeze or not to squeeze!  (Read 5956 times)

soon

To squeeze or not to squeeze!
« on: April 14, 2011, 09:40:29 PM »
This may seem like an obtuse question....sorry, but

should I squeeze blackhead or whitehead pimples?

I currently use vit c, retinol A, infadolan, derma roller,

copper peptide mask, Glycolic 10% & bicarb (all in

moderation & when needed)

My blackheads are getting smaller but I love squeezing them (disturbing yes

but still as fun as popping bubble wrap)

thanks again for your advise

Cheers soon

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 02:36:03 PM »
..that is the question!  

Well, better not to squeeze but I still remember how addicted I was to squeezing.  

I had a magnifying mirror and that made me squeeze every time I looked in it.  Lot of the squeezed blackheads ended up infected so I threw away all my little mirrors and left only a bathroom mirror than had no good lighting and was thus unsuitable for maniacal squeezing..

Throwing away all my mirrors improved my acne because I stopped spreading the infection with my fingers all over my face.

There are two problems with squeezing. You can spread infection and you can cause scars. This kind of post-squeezing scars are difficult to treat.

Never squeeze with sharp, long nails otherwise you may end up with a scar. Cut your nails very short.

Use a roll of toilet paper and use a new piece with each blackhead or whitehead you squeeze to avoid having pus on your fingers and spreading it all over.

Wash your face and you hands before squeezing.

Soften the skin to facilitate the sebum and dirt to come out. Have a hot bath, steam your face or use repeatedly hot water on your face right before. Or apply a salicylic acid mask for example. To soften the keratin.

To be clear, I do not recommend squeezing, on the contrary, but I know that squeezing is an addiction :-)

My advice:

- Get rid of your favorite squeezing mirror.

- Use A-Ret three times a week. It should improve both blackheads and whiteheads if used long-term.

If A-Ret dries out your skin, use it only twice a week.

Do not overuse A-Ret. It is not a cream. It is a vitamin. Only a pea-size bead is used for the entire face. Small pea. Petite-pois.

- Use salicylic acid (Beta Hydroxy Acid) because it is oil soluble - it has ability to clean the pores from the inside. It is necessary to use it long-term.

soon

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 07:21:03 PM »
Hehee, Sarah you are brilliant.

I have lots of little mirrors and one illuminated magnified mirror :)

Out they go.......I will stick to the bubble wrap.

Seriously, thanks for what you do. You're a treasure.

Cheers soon