Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Microdermabrasion and Dermarolling?  (Read 12602 times)

char700

Microdermabrasion and Dermarolling?
« on: April 19, 2011, 09:01:39 PM »
Hi, Sarah. I'm using a 1.5 roller every 5 weeks to treat indented and rolling acne scars. I've just ordered a set of single needles to treat those scars every 5 weeks, as well. I want to incorporate microdermabrasion into my skin care to improve the appearance of the scars. I'm concerned that it might damage the skin as it's trying to repair itself from the dermarolling. Do you think microdermabrasion is compatible with dermarolling? If so, should I use it on the same day I dermaroll (doing it before the dermarolling), or do you think I should wait a week after a microdermabrasion treatment? I'm anxious not to disrupt any collagen production that was induced by dermarolling.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 08:56:17 AM »
Microdermabrasion is very superficial, it's basically a means of superficial exfoliation.

Collagen is produced in the dermis, which is much deeper than microdermabrasion can reach.

You can do it before dermarolling but do not perform it after dermarolling. Wait for the skin to heal (at least 2 days).

Single needling is more "aggressive" treatment than dermarolling so it takes longer to heal. Wait at least 5 days with microdermabrasion.

If you have crusts on the needled areas then wait with the microdermabrasion until the crusts are completely gone. Do not try to speed it up - do not pick the crusts and do not try to remove them.

It is very important to let the crusts fall off by themselves.

When the crusts are gone and the area is not red any more, you can use microdermabrasion.

When you single needle your scars, it is better to needle only a few in one go. Otherwise your face will be full of red spots that may take several days to heal.

char700

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 03:08:20 PM »
Thank you for replying so promptly, Sarah! I'll take your advice and do it before dermarolling :D