Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Clogged pores, swimming, skin products after rolling  (Read 5909 times)

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Clogged pores, swimming, skin products after rolling
« on: January 30, 2010, 02:33:32 PM »
> Because, at the ripe old age of 62, I still tend to get clogged pores

> easily, I want to know if any of the substances I will be applying to

> my face are comedogenic.  I use an alcohol and emollient combination

> foam, called Alcare Plus, and Lerosett, a rasul clay product, on any

> small pimples I feel forming.  How long before, and after, I roll,

> might I use those products, if necessary?

Infadolan contains:  

Retinoli acetas 48 000 IU in 30 g

Ergocalciferolum 9 000 IU in 30 g

The ointment base: white wax, natural lanoline, white vaseline

Infadolan is not a cream, it is an ointment. Both vit. A and D are fat-soluble and that's why Infadolan is an excellent carrier for those vitamins but it is bit too oily for everyday use or if prone to clogged pores.

Infadolan is a medical grade regenerative ointment that is indicated to regenerate mild skin trauma - such as first degree burns etc. It is excellent to use after needling with long needles (1 or 1.5 mm) because such needling causes a mild skin inflammation (that will trigger new collagen production) but the skin is slightly "traumatized" and needs to regenerate.

Infadolan will supply vit. A and D and it will protect your skin after needling.

Since you are prone to clogged pores, you should only use Infadolan just after rolling with long needles (1.0 or 1.5 mm) and 2-3 days afterwards.  Use very little.

Homemade vit. C serum should not be comedogenic at all as far as I know.

You can use any product before you roll. After rolling with long needles, do not use anything that dries out the skin or too harsh a cleanser. A mild cleansing product is best.

Make sure your cleansing products are not contaminated with bacteria. If you are not sure - buy new ones!

> Also, I regularly swim in a chlorinated pool- how long before, and after,

> I roll, might I be able to resume swimming?

If you roll with long needles such as 1 or 1.5 mm then I would avoid getting the face into heavily chlorinated water for at least 3 days. Avoiding the sun is a must as well.