Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Is it normal for stretchmarks to appear deeper after first rolling?  (Read 5898 times)

SMbgone

I followed what I now know as incorrect directions provided by another website- I used a 1.5mm roller on stretchmarks (on breasts) four times in about a one week period. After reading on your site that it should only be done once a month I immediately stopped. Its been about three weeks and now my stretchmarks look deeper and worse than before...does this usually happen the first month, or did i mess them up by rolling too often that first week?

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Is it normal for stretchmarks to appear deeper after first rolling?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 04:24:01 PM »
A 1.5 mm dermaroller can be used once every three weeks on the same skin area.

Sensitive skin and thin skin areas such as the breasts, once every four weeks is more appropriate.

I assume that rolling only four times in total could not permanently damage your skin. But it should certainly not be used that frequently, long-term. I don't really know what the exact consequences are of such frequent rolling with such long needles. It certainly is not good.. One of the reasons is that it is not good for the skin to be in a permanent state of inflammation (caused by very frequent dermarolling with long needles).

Any changes (for better or worse) shortly after dermarolling are normal and they should subside.

Give your skin another week of rest and then you can start rolling your breasts again (with at least three weeks in between).