Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: New dermaroller: Amount of pressure  (Read 7116 times)

dlp

New dermaroller: Amount of pressure
« on: May 09, 2011, 10:17:14 AM »
Hello.  I am new to dermarolling.  I am specifically using it to target stretchmarks on my upper thighs and some scars onmy chest left from picking : (  I followed your instructions verbatim.  I have a fairly high pain threshold and it was still painful when rolling my thighs and chest.  However, I never saw any blood and the areas were only red overnight.  I haven't seen any peeling or flakiness as stated by other users on this forum.  I have read through some other members' remarks and noticed they used"medium-pressure"  which I thought i did based on the pain.  I guess what I am asking is should I see blood, maybe I am not pressing hard enough.  I am using the 1.5 roller and I did take a warm shower prior as to soften the skin.  I appreciate any suggestions. Thank you.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
New dermaroller: Amount of pressure
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 03:50:21 PM »
No, you do not have to see blood.  A 1.5 mm dermaroller always reaches the dermis and the redness is typically gone within a few hours. When the skin turns red after demarolling, it means the intended processes were triggered. Your body initiated the repairing process of the microdamage you intentionally inflicted with the dermaroller and the scars will hopefully get partially remodeled in that repairing process. The skin is not always visibly peeling after dermarolling.

Apply just mild pressure on the dermaroller, certainly do not push it in too hard.

Everything you described appears to be perfectly OK.