Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: 2.5mm dermaroller and 3mm needles for Self Needling.  (Read 11096 times)

qchris50

2.5mm dermaroller and 3mm needles for Self Needling.
« on: May 19, 2011, 04:15:51 PM »
Hello Sarah, about two years ago I use to do self needling with 3mm needles and have gotten pretty good results and then I stopped due to work. I was wondering if you will ever be selling needles that were 3mm long, as I can only find 2mm ones on your website. Also just wondering if you'd also start selling the 2.5mm dermaroller as I believe that would be beneficial on me. Thanks!

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
2.5mm dermaroller and 3mm needles for Self Needling.
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2011, 07:24:15 AM »
2 mm long needles reach the deep dermis part of the skin and that is all you need to treat scars. We do not think that longer needles have any advantage. Those reach deeper than you need and could cause heamatomeas. They are used in doctor's surgeries but for us homerollers, it is too long.  The skin is only couple of mm thick and there is no evidence that 3 mm needles are more effective than 2 mm.

Our single needles are custom-made and they are not all exactly the same length. We do have longer needles so if you really want longer, you can buy them from us.

When you buy the single needles, write a comment in the web shop (not in the PayPal part) that you want longer needles.

In some cases, scars need long needles.

To treat scars, stretch marks or wrinkles, we now sell a 1.5 mm ONE LINER and a 2 mm ONE LINER dermaroller that have only 24 needles. These go deeper than with a regular dermaroller of the same size, because the fewer the needles a dermaroller has, the deeper the needles penetrate.

The one-liner is not suitable for acne scars though. For acne scars, the single needles are the best, preferably in combination with a regular 1.5 mm dermaroller.