Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Question about boxcar scars  (Read 7056 times)

healingtoday

Question about boxcar scars
« on: May 29, 2011, 02:56:47 AM »
Hi Sarah,

I was hoping that you might be able to answer a few questions about treating boxcar and icepick scars.  I use the single needle as well as dermastamp on the scars.  I usually needle with the single needle and than start hitting the scars with the dermastamp.  Do you think I would get better results if I just stuck to the single needle?  I usually start stamping because it can be tedious to continuously poke with the one needle.  

Also, in your opinion do you think it's better to use infanDolan or copper peptides?  I've used copper peptides for a few years now and I believe I've seen some improvement. If I use infandolan do I only apply after I needle the spot?

I had one boxcar scar lift on one side (level) but still sunken on the other side.  Do you think it's because the other side is still tethered down?  Do you think it would be okay to insert the needle in the scar borders and then move the needle slightly from left to right, in the hopes of releasing some tethering?

Thank you!

Healing today

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2011, 04:56:16 PM »
Yes, use the single needle in combination with a dermastamp. Basically, dermarolling and needling are novel procedures and nobody knows absolutely the best/ideal routine for individual skin conditions so a little improvisation from customers is welcome. Not to mention that not everybody reacts the same to dermarolling/needling so giving the best general instructions for everybody is really difficult.

Infadolan and copper peptides have different functions. Infadolan is mainly for the protection of the skin right after dermarolling, for keeping it moisturized and to create good conditions for skin regeneration.

You can apply copper peptides after dermarolling and when it has been absorbed, apply a very small amount of Infadolan on top of it. If you choose not to use Infadolan, that is also OK.

Concerning releasing the tethering, well if you are very careful, you can try it. Subcision needles are much thicker and longer than our single needles and they cut the fibers more efficiently but they also cause quite major skin trauma and can cause skin nodules. The subcision needle has sharp edges and the surgeon moves them repetitively back and forth.

You should definitely try to combine it with the suction method. Please read this:

https://http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarolling-microneedling/Subcision-suction-method-for-acne-scars

I still haven't had time to think about the best tool to perform the suction for home treatments. Maybe our customers can offer suggestions?

healingtoday

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 02:08:02 AM »
Very helpful.  Thank you Sarah!