Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Welts on Skin After Dermarolling  (Read 8870 times)

char700

Welts on Skin After Dermarolling
« on: May 29, 2011, 01:16:59 PM »
Hi, Sarah. I've been using a 1.5 mm dermaroller every 5 weeks. My most recent session was 2 weeks ago, using the 1.5, 3 lined roller from your website. My concern is that I've developed some raised, skin-colored welts/bumps where I rolled my left cheek. The bumps are slightly raised, irregular, about .5mm in height, and they're about 1mmx2mm in size. They are skin-colored, painless, but I'm unhappy with the rough texture on my skin. I've had about 6 sessions with the dermaroller, and this has never occurred before.

When I rolled, I tried to keep the roller within the bounds of the scar, which  is about 2 cmx2cm in diameter. I have a cluster of rolling and indented scars.  Do you think the welts/bumps were from damaging healthy skin that surrounds the scarred area? Would healthy skin overproduce collagen when it's been rolled? I'm unsure of whether to use the dermaroller there again, as I don't want to exacerbate the problem or have more welts, but I've seen positive results in the actual scars. I might try single needling the scars, but that small area is clustered with indented and rolling scars. I'd be grateful for any advice or suggestions from you or anyone else in the forums who has experienced this. Thank you! :o

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2011, 06:28:56 PM »
Rolling scarred or non-scarred skin cannot cause such overproduction of collagen that it would form bumps. I have heard that one of our customers got bumps when he forgot rinsing the dermaroller after soaking it in dishwashing liquid. But his bumps were smaller than yours.

Did you get them immediately after dermarolling?  Are they getting better?

The skin gets rougher after dermarolling for several days (the skin is renewing) but what you describe is not a normal reaction after dermarolling.

At the moment I do not have any idea what can it be. I will think about it. More info would be helpful.

char700

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 07:22:09 PM »
Hi, Sarah! Thank you for the quick reply. I didn't notice the swelling immediately after dermarolling because of the general swelling and inflammation. This coming Friday will mark the 3rd week since my last session. The welts have slightly diminished, but they're still there. I hope it's merely lingering inflammation. I won't quit dermarolling because the results have been positive, but I might use less pressure in that area or just use single needling. I'll make updates if they disappear or if they're still around in 2 more weeks.

char700

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2011, 01:15:09 AM »
Hi, Sarah and friends! An update as promised. The skin-colored bumps did begin to flatten over time. They were only slightly raised last Friday when I did dermarolling. They're irregular, hard, skin-colored bumps. They don't contain any pus. They're just slightly raised flesh about 2mm in diameter. I didn't roll as hard last Friday and they aren't as visible as they were. I have to say, Sarah, that your single needles are brilliant! I've only needled once so far, but needling made more of a difference than dermarolling by itself. I love your product and your site!

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2011, 10:55:20 AM »
I am very pleased you are getting results with the single needles.

I hope that the skin problem will totally disappear over time. To be honest, I still do not know what the cause could be.