Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: How hard to push?  (Read 12413 times)

haraaz

How hard to push?
« on: May 31, 2011, 05:43:47 PM »
Hello,

I have some questions which I hope to find an answer to.

I have a dermaroller specifically for stretch marks and deep scarring (2.0 mm).

Since the length of the needles is 2 mm in order for it to reach down to that layer of skin where scarring occurs, does that mean I have to push it down completely into the skin till the needles are no more visible? How else is it supposed to reach to that particular skin layer?

Because if I'm just supposed to roll on the skin, and puncturing just the very top, then what use is there in choosing a needle size? It wouldn't matter if I had a 0.5 mm or 3.0 mm since they both would only affect the top layer of skin.

Please someone, clear this out for me...

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
How hard to push?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2011, 05:52:35 AM »
No, you do not have to push the needles in fully. The needles of a 1.5 mm dermaroller penetrate at most approx. 1.3 mm into the skin.

You should apply mild pressure on the dermaroller. Push it down, but not too hard. Some skin is really hard to penetrate, such as the on the buttocks (here you can apply greater pressure). Facial skin is softer. You should soften your skin with a hot bath prior dermarolling.

The skin is not very thick. A 0.5 mm dermaroller penetrates about 0.2 - 0.3 mm into the skin and that will already reach the top of the dermis in most skin areas.

If you penetrate the skin by 1 mm, that is already very deep.

The more needles a dermaroller has per square centimeter the harder it is to get the needles in and to get them deep (the more pressure is required).

A single needle will penetrate really deep. The "one-liner" dermaroller that we sell specifically for stretch marks and scars will penetrate easily.

A regular long-needled dermaroller will reach the stretch marks as well.

Not all skin conditions warrant long needles. Scars and stretch marks do.