Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Acne scars and hyperpigments.....help!!  (Read 8489 times)

sillybb

Acne scars and hyperpigments.....help!!
« on: June 28, 2011, 05:18:25 PM »
After 3 IPL this year, the hyper pigment on my left cheek is expanded with icepack scar and some rolling scars appeared on both of my temples, one boxcar on my nose bridge and on my right cheek. Would you tell will derma roller help all those scars? Which one will be best for me? How often and what should I use with the derma roller for best results? If I use with vitamin C serum, will it work? Thanks a lot.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2011, 02:37:42 PM »
I am confused. The acne scars appeared after the IPL treatment or you have had them already and only your hyperpigmentation worsened after the IPL?

The A-Ret gel we sell helps diminishing hyperpigmentaion -it speeds up the skin's turnover. However if the hyperpigmentation is caused by the IPL, it may be in the dermis part of the skin (the deep part of the skin) and that is difficult to get rid off and takes a long time. Did you get burns after the IPL?  Normally, the IPL should reduce existing hyperpigmentaion.

If you have just a couple of scars, the best is to use the single needles and prick the individual scars. Each scar should be needled once a month until you achieve results.

If you have many scars, use the combination of a 1.5 mm dermaroller and the single needles.

Regarding the products, read answer #8:

https://http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarolling-microneedling/Best-Skin-Care-RoutineD/a>

(You do not have to use the copper peptides and Infadolan.)

Vit. C will also help the hyperpigmentaion but only after prolonged use.

sillybb

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2011, 06:57:40 PM »
Sarah,

Thanks for your reply. Sorry for the confused topic which I guess I was too excited to find this website and didn't think straight and typed it. The scars I have are complicated as follows;

1. Hyper pigment on my left cheek is expanded with icepack scar - the hyper pigment and scar originally had like less than the size of a quarter ( not noticeable) and I guess I got it from scratching too often originally (I stopped all this habit half year ago > <). After IPL, the hyper-pigment and the scar expanded to size of 2 quarters (very obvious). I don't think I got burn on this area after IPL, the hyperpigment just expanded and I had no clue.....Also, recently after to use clarisonic, the hyperpigment lighted a little and no further result.

Does A-Ret gel still work on my case? Would you tell me if I am able to get A-Ret gel over the counter? What brand name do you suggest?

2. Rolling scars appeared on both of my temples - originally small from acne and scratching. Now is very obvious. Do you suggest 1.5 mm derma roller on these area?

3. One boxcar on my nose bridge and on my right cheek - new appeared after IPL and size like a dime. Do you suggest to use single here?

4. I also have some uneven texture and icepack scar on chin below mouth from acne - no effect after IPL. I guess 1.5mm derma roller will do this one, right?

Thanks for you help.

sillybb

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2011, 09:37:58 PM »
Oops, just realized you sell A-Ret gel too..great!! One shop at a time.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2011, 04:34:43 PM »
Actually, since you do not seem to have too many scars and they are localized, you should use a 1.5 mm dermastamp and the single needles (use the single needles on ice pick scars.).

Stamp the same scar 6-8 times in one go with the dermastamp. If it heals OK you can stamp slightly more the next time. You have to experiment a little.

You can stamp or needle whenever you have time but do not stamp or needle the same scar more than once every four weeks.

The area around the mouth is from my experience the most sensitive and you might need a numbing cream there. You can buy it later, after you tried it without one.

Whenever I receive a question about scars on the nose, I get nervous.. The problem is, that the skin on the nose reacts very unpredictably comparing to the rest of the skin. Nasal skin can heal worse than you started with. There is no fat layer under that skin, there is only cartilage and that might be the reason.

I can only suggest this: Use the single needle on it but do not do any aggressive needling. Concerning the nose, ignore the guidelines for needling that are on our website. Make just three pricks into your scar (to the bottom of the scar not to the edges).

If it heals well, make four pricks the next time. If it heals well, make five pricks the next time. Continue like this but never do aggressive, dense needling. Just a few, very gentle pricks.

sillybb

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2011, 11:18:46 PM »
Thanks for your all suggestions.