Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Barbicide to sterilize dermarollers?  (Read 7526 times)

nparment

Barbicide to sterilize dermarollers?
« on: June 29, 2011, 04:39:53 PM »
HI Sarah - I am looking forward to dermarolling and am very impressed with your products and knowledge.  Just a few questions for you...

1)  I've heard disinfecting the roller with Barbicide is the most effective in preventing infection.  I bought some already.  Can I use it on the roller?

2)  I will definitely break out if I use the after-rolling cream you recommend.  Can you give me the name of any other specific product that would be effective on my acne-prone and oily skin after I dermaroll?  

Thank you for your help!

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Barbicide to sterilize dermarollers?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2011, 03:50:26 PM »
Barbicide contains Alkyl dimethyl benzyl ammonium chloride, which is an alcohol-free disinfectant. Alcohol based disinfectants are very effective but you can use this one too.

Regarding the dermarolling after care cream, just use any cream that you know doesn't make you brake out but it should be a bit heavier cream that really keeps the skin moisturized long-term.