Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Dermastamp Questions  (Read 6879 times)

Flyer17

Dermastamp Questions
« on: July 06, 2011, 03:13:18 PM »
I have a few questions about dermastamping:

1. Is it safe/okay to use the 1.5mm dermastamp on forehead skin?  I've been reading a lot about the process, and somewhere I saw that because the forehead skin is thinner than skin elsewhere on the face, one should not use anything above 1.0mm.  

2. How long must between dermastamp sessions?  I see that it may be okay to dermaroll every 3 weeks at 1.5mm, but do the same rules apply for dermastamping?  Or must the wait time be a little longer?

3. I'm a male in my late 20s, and I stamped once already on my forehead about 3 weeks ago with a 1.0mm stamp.  I was mainly stamping indented boxcar scars that came from acne breakout from about 4 months ago.  I've seen modest results, but not nearly what I wanted, so in another 1-2 weeks I plan on working on these blemishes again with the 1.5mm stamp or the 2.0mm individual needles.  Anything about my situation that stands out as a red flag or any advice you can give me?  Thanks in advance!

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Dermastamp Questions
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 08:06:14 AM »
The skin on the forehead is thinner, especially on the sides of the forehead but there is no reason not to use a 1.5 mm dermastamp. I use a 1.5 mm or even a 2 mm dermaroller on my entire face and I get hardly any pinpoint bleeding, however if I do get pinpoint bleeding, it is on the forehead. If you get too much pinpoint bleeding with the 1.5 mm dermastamp on your forehead, you can regulate needle penetration by putting less pressure on the instrument when you stamp thin-skinned areas such as the sides of the forehead. A young male usually has thick skin and I don't see a problem using a 1.5 mm stamp. You don't have to push the needles fully in. Just do some test patches and you will see. You can stamp the same area every 3-4 weeks. You will need many stamping sessions to achieve results.

Flyer17

Dermastamp Questions
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2011, 01:27:30 PM »
Thank you very much Sarah!  The tools you sell and your willingness to give advice on the whole needling process is priceless. :cool: