Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Rolling on removed mole and hyperpigmentation  (Read 9135 times)

Miro

Rolling on removed mole and hyperpigmentation
« on: July 14, 2011, 12:50:22 PM »
Sorry for creating a new post with questions  that been answered probably 100 times but ...

I ordered dermastamps and dermaroller from your site, it arrived very  quickly but I got ultra last minute for holliday so I was away, I now want to wait till 21.7.2011 which is the day I want to do needling .

First of all , I wanna ask :

I had a mole on left side of my face, which was removed by doctor cca 5 months ago, he did great job, theres just a small red dot left , can I dermaroll  on this area ?

I have just a small hyperpigmentation on  my forehead that I got on my last holliday ( I used 30+ UV protection cream, I dont get it why I got  hyperpigmentation, some people I met on holliday  had 5+ factors and got no problems , but anyway its there ), can I dermaroll this area ?

As for dermarolling itself, I am quite nervous, I decided not to use any numbing cream, I hope I wont regret it .

I red your instructions so I am gonna :

1, I am not gonna do any pre care

2, I am gonna take hot bath ( 1 hour )

3, then I am gonna wash to be rolled area with soap

4, i will wipe my skin and my hands with alcohol ( do I have to wipe also stamp and roller when I am gonna unpack absolutly  

new ones I ordered from you ? ), can I use cotton wool with alcohol for that ?

5,I will dermastamp 8 times each of my 3 worst scars

6, Immediately after stamping I am gonna roll  my whole forehead and my left side of face ( even healthy skin ) in star  

pattern    as it is in your instructions

7, after  rolling I am gonna take a shower only with lukewarm water

8, I am gonna air dry with towell

9, I am gonna apply Infadolan ( just a small amount ), can I do it with my fingers ?

10, I am gonna keep applying Infadolan for 7 days

11, I am gonna dermastamp again in 6 weeks

Is this ok ?

Then I wanna ask one more thing

If  I ll  get some bleedig throughout rolling or stamping, do I have to stop rolling and immediatly use cotton wool with alcohol to stop bleeding ?

Can I use Led light therapy one week after dermarolling ?

[Removed links]

Thx

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 08:43:38 AM »
>I had a mole on left side of my face, which was removed by doctor cca 5

>months ago, he did great job, theres just a small red dot left , can

>I dermaroll on this area ?

Yes.

>I have just a small hyperpigmentation on my forehead that I got on my

>last holliday ( I used 30+ UV protection cream, I dont get it why I

>got hyperpigmentation, some people I met on holliday had 5+ factors and

>got no problems , but anyway its there ), can I dermaroll this area ?

Yes. Dermarolling may even help with it. If you bought the A-Ret gel, use it on the hyperpigmentation.

> 2, I am gonna take hot bath ( 1 hour )

If you are going to roll your face, then steaming the face would probably be more efficient for facial skin than a bath.  

My answer is number 3:

https://http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarolling-microneedling/How-to-soften-the-skin-before-needling /a>

>4, ( do I have to wipe also stamp and roller when I am gonna unpack

>absolutly new ones I ordered from you ? ),

No. If it is new, you do not have to soak it in alcohol. Soak it in alcohol right after using it. Air dry it and put it back into the container.  

> can I use cotton wool with alcohol for that ?

Yes.

>7, after rolling I am gonna take a shower only with lukewarm water

Or just rinse your face with lukewarm water.

>8, I am gonna air dry with towel

Only air-dry it. Do not use a towel (towels could have bacteria).

>9, I am gonna apply Infadolan ( just a small amount ), can I do it with my

>fingers

Yes.

>If I ll get some bleedig throughout rolling or stamping, do I have to stop

>rolling and immediatly use cotton wool with alcohol to stop bleeding ?

No, not immediately. The pinpoint bleeding is no problem. You can wipe it off every now and then while you are still rolling or after you have finished. There may occur some pinpoint bleeding with dermastamping but hardly any with dermarolling. At least from my own experience.

>Can I use Led light therapy one week after dermarolling?

Yes, but LED light therapy is not very useful in my opinion.

Miro

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 04:59:53 PM »
Thx so much !

I wonder if it will hurt, but what is just little pain compared to emotional pain that acne scarring is giving to me every day ?:cool:

Miro

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 12:27:06 PM »
Infadolan is for dermarolling after-care and it is in general not suitable to be used as an ordinary daily cream on the entire face because it is oily

But I can use it every day for a week after  dermarolling ?

Can I apply just a littler on whole area I dermarolled  f.e. in the evening around 20:00  ? In the morning after sleep I will get shower and go to work .

is it ok ?

Also I wanted to ask can I go to sauna after next day after dermarolling or should I wait few days ?

Can I go running next day after or shoul I wait ?

I like running and I like sauna :-)

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2011, 05:18:04 PM »
Yes you can use Infadolan for a week after dermarolling and it is a very good regenerative ointment that prevents the skin from drying out when healing is in process. Use just a little. If it makes you break out, use it only right after dermarolling.

You can go jogging but it would be better to wait at least one more day with a sauna if you roll with long needles. You can use a sauna before dermarolling to soften the skin for easier penetration of the needles. Don't forget to disinfect the skin.

Miro

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2011, 03:03:48 AM »
Thx u very much, I did it finally , I was nervous as hell, my heart was beating like crazy.

You were right it was quite painfull ( I red your post about white lotus, and you wrote that they said its not painfull, well it is ),

I probably use some numbing cream next time.

I could stand the pain, but maybe it distract  me from doing it  better as I did.

Most painfull is stamping I was like oh god.  

However I am quite happy that  at  least I am doing something with my scarring instead of doing nothing.