Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Acne Scars, Large pores, pre mature aging,  (Read 8206 times)

tmerri08

Acne Scars, Large pores, pre mature aging,
« on: July 18, 2011, 03:48:57 PM »
Hello Sarah,

I've been reading alot on dermarolling and there is so much information out there.  I would like to start rolling but not sure which roller to use.  My issue is mainly large pores, acne scarring, age spots, and also laugh lines. My skin has changed for the worse.  I get alot of clogged pores which contribute to acne and leave ice pick scars from not picking at it. I also have some age spots which came after the birth of my son in 2008.  I also have had a histerectomy after his birth but was left with one ovary because of my age. So ,since then ive been aging slowly.  Sometimes, i get cystic acne on my cheeks mainly on my left cheek. It's weird cause that's mainly where i break out at.  I've been on so many products and none has seemed to work but cause more problems.  I've tried obagi, chemical peels, laser genesis, mirodermabrasion, and have used retrinol of different strengths.  They have just made my pores larger. I was reading another site about the types of needles to use for large pores was .20 using it consistently 2-3x week.  Should i try that?  I was thinking trying that out along with the 1.5 dermastamp on my ice pick scars that are fairly new. Do you think these needles can help with my troubled skin? I would gladly appreciate it if i can get some feedback and hear from you.  Thank you, tamera

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 06:31:41 PM »
You can improve acne or other scars with dermarolling or needling but there is currently no method that can significantly and permanently reduce pore size. Pores are ducts in the skin and their size is in the genes. As we age the pore size increases. Only a few customers reported a mild improvement in pore size with dermarolling. They had acne prone, oily skin. I would recommend you to buy a 0.2 mm dermaroller (used every second day) and a 1.5 mm dermastamp  (treat scars every 3 weeks). Use the vit. C serum as explained in our instructions. Do not buy Infadolan. You can try using salicylic acid products. It goes deep into the pores and cleans them if used long term and frequently. However, I think that the worsening of your skin is likely due to hormonal imbalance after the hysterectomy and being left with one ovary only.  Sex hormones play a big role in acne and oily skin. You should be checked for hormonal levels and have the imbalance treated.

tmerri08

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2011, 07:08:04 PM »
Thanks, also what cleanser am I suppose to clean the needles with?

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2011, 04:36:42 AM »
tmerri08;1880 wrote: Thanks, also what cleanser am I suppose to clean the needles with?

https://http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarolling-microneedling/Can-t-find-proper-disinfection-alcohol
/a>