Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: hair transplant scar  (Read 6472 times)

acook

hair transplant scar
« on: July 26, 2011, 08:09:58 PM »
Sarah, thank you for your website. It has been very informative and helpful to me. I recently ordered a 1.5 roller and infadolan, that i plan on using on my face. My question is regarding a scar from hair transplants. I believe its a hypertrophic scar which i understand from your site is ok to roll. I just wanted you to clarify that  for me because other research leaded me to believe that it could make it worse. Thank you.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
hair transplant scar
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 01:59:10 PM »
Dermarolling and needling softens hypertrophic scars but you should first roll just a small part of your scar to test how it heals. The skin on the scalp is thick and the healing is a little unpredictable.  Single needling, a dermastamp or using a one-liner roller that we sell specifically for scars would be easier for the hair transplant scar but you can manage with a regular dermaroller too. To avoid your hair getting entangled, roll from the roots to the hair tips.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 02:00:01 PM by SarahVaughter »