Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Frequency Confusion!  (Read 6022 times)

Mlight

Frequency Confusion!
« on: August 02, 2011, 12:02:00 PM »
One of Sarah's posts says:

"A 1 mm (or longer) dermaroller is suitable to improve acne scars when used twice a week for many months. It can take over a year to achieve solid improvement. You could pre-treat your skin with vit. C but applying it every third day is sufficient."

I thought with a 1.5 mm roller, once every 4-5 weeks is optimum? I have acne scars, as well as aging skin. Should I be treating the acne scars with the 1.5 mm roller twice a week? I also purchased the .5 roller, thinking I was to use THAT twice per week. Thanks.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Frequency Confusion!
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 05:39:33 PM »
Oh dear, that was a typo! I wanted to say: "when used every two weeks". Thank you for noticing it. I have already corrected it. In the same forum posting I wrote this:

"Our instructions say that a 1 mm dermaroller should not be used more than once in 10-14 days on the same skin area (this frequency is valid for the face. Thick skin on the body can be rolled more frequently). Our shortest dermaroller (0.25 mm) should be used at most every second day on the face."

Yes, the frequency of twice a week applies to a 0.5 mm dermaroller.  

The frequency of a 1.5 mm is 3-4 weeks. Five is also OK.

I get many emails with questions and sometimes I overlook a mistake. If you see factual or spelling mistakes in my postings, please let me know.

Mlight

Frequency Confusion!
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 10:12:10 PM »
Thank you for your reply