Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Dermarolling advice  (Read 7788 times)

Joanne

Dermarolling advice
« on: August 29, 2011, 06:17:48 AM »
Hi Sarah

I wonder if you could help?  Could you give me some advice on what dermaroller(s) and/or single needles I need to treat the following:

36 years, petite, fair skinned

Crows lines around eyes and some finer lines under eyes, obvious marionette lines.

Hypo-pigmentation on forehead from acne I had years ago.

Stretch marks all over inner thighs and buttocks from puberty, barely noticeable in color, more noticeable in texture (more like fine indentation lines), also a few lines of a different type of stretch mark (slightly raised, white) across hips.  

And, finally I have just had foot surgery and gastroc slide to lengthen my calf muscle and I have some lovely red 1-2 inch scars on the inside of each calf and top of each foot from the surgery 2 months ago.  The scars are hard and I have been massaging them to break up the hardened tissue which has helped a lot.

Many thanks, your advice would be greatly appreciated

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Dermarolling advice
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 04:15:53 PM »
Skin routine suggestion (you do not have to use all the suggested skin products. Modify it as much as you want and use products of your choice).

Monday
: Infadolan around the eyes and your daily cream on the face in the morning. In the evening: dermarolling with a 0.2 mm dermaroller, apply vit. C immediately after (if it is too irritating, add more water to your vit. C serum).

Tuesday:
  Infadolan around the eyes and your daily cream on the face in the morning.

Wednesday:
Infadolan around the eye and your daily cream on the face in the morning. A-Ret in the evening.

Thursday: Infadolan around the eyes and your daily cream on the face in the morning. In the evening: dermarolling with a 0.2 mm dermaroller, apply vit. C immediately after.

Friday: Infadolan around the eyes and your daily cream on the face in the morning.

Saturday: Infadolan around the eyes and your daily cream on the face in the morning. A-Ret in the evening.

Sunday: Infadolan around the eyes and your daily cream on the face in the morning. In the evening: dermarolling with a 0.2 mm dermaroller, apply vit. C immediately after.

Once a month: Vit. C for three consecutive days, dermarolling with a 1.5 mm dermaroller, Infadolan right after dermarolling and a couple of days more (if it doesn’t make you break out).

If you skin peels too much, reduce the frequency of vit. C, A-Ret and dermarolling and apply a heavier daily cream.

Use both the 0.2 mm and the 1.5 mm on your face, around your eyes, on your hypopigmentation.

How to roll around the eyes (my answer is number 3):

https://http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarolling-microneedling/Can-I-use-a-Dermaroller-on-this-area-under-the-eyeQ/a>

Use the 1.5 on your stretch marks and on the scars on your calves. If you do not manage to break up the hardened scar tissue on your calves with a dermaroller, buy the single needles.

If you want to buy only one dermroller, buy a 1.5 mm or a 1 mm roller.

Joanne

Dermarolling advice
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2011, 11:34:53 PM »
Thanks Sarah for your advice, that's great.  Can the Infadolan also be used under the eye for dry crepey skin? or does it cause milia (I understand it's very oily).

Also your directions below, do I use the 1.5mm once a month for three days and apply the vit c and then the Infadolan all over the face? and when you say a couple of days more do you mean 3 days + 2 more days if tolerated?

Once a month: Vit. C for three consecutive days, dermarolling with a 1.5 mm dermaroller, Infadolan right after dermarolling and a couple of days more (if it doesn’t make you break out).

thanks again

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Dermarolling advice
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2011, 03:02:04 PM »
Infadolan is good especially for dry, crepey skin.

You use a 1.5 mm dermaroller once (one day not three) in three or four weeks. The days prior to rolling with a 1.5 mm, apply vit. C for three consecutive days. Do not apply any vit. C after rolling with a 1.5 mm roller – apply only Infadolan.