Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Dermastamp for Burn Scars  (Read 8677 times)

mellish

Dermastamp for Burn Scars
« on: September 10, 2011, 06:32:21 AM »
Hello. About 4 months ago I had a mental breakdown and burned myself with a cigarette in multiple places, including my arm and forehead. The scars are flat and reddish/brownish/purpleish in color. I visited a dermatologist the other day who said some of them may not scar, meaning they would go away, if I used a hydroquinone cream. I have been using this cream daily, and have had minimal progress, but am looking for something more. I just recently ordered your dermastamp and vitamin C and I would like to know if you could give me some insight on how I can move forward with using the mentioned items. Is there some sort of regimine you can give me? Also, based on your experience, how well do you think the dermastamp will work on these sort of scars? Appreciate any input!

David

mellish

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 06:34:50 AM »
P.S. I also have Retin-A and a Vitamin E, A, D moisterizer. Thanks again!

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2011, 03:49:18 PM »
A dermastamp works very well on burn scars but your scars are very likely not yet mature – it means they are still in the healing process. A dermastamp softens the scar by crushing the hardened collagen fibrotic tissue but your scars are flat and it seems that it is just a pigmentation problem - fortunately you do not have scar tissue.

Hydroquinone cannot prevent scar formation, it can only reduce pigmentation (and only the pigmentation caused by melanin overproduction).

Vit. C is a mild inhibitor of melanin and it is an anti-inflammatory. Right after the application of vit. C, the scars will get temporarily more red.  Apply the vit. C every second day.

Retin A should also help diminishing the pigmentation of your scars because it speeds up the turnover of the skin. The scars will also get temporarily more red after its application.

A dermastamp will also greatly speed up the turnover of the skin but you should first try it on a less visible place (not on the forehead). Stamp the scar about eight times during your session. Stamp it every three weeks (stick the dermastamp into each scar eight times every three weeks. Apply the A-Ret into the scar right after stamping. I do not recommend applying the A-Ret right after dermarolling but in case of scars, I do.

If you get good results with the dermastamp, use it on your forehead too.

mellish

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2011, 04:51:28 AM »
thank you for your advice! Cannot wait to get started!

mellish

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2011, 03:03:05 AM »
are there potential side effects to dermastamping on immature scars?

mellish

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2011, 05:04:26 AM »
also, my retin-a cream is 1.2% clindamycin phosphate and 0.025% tretinoin. is that okay? thank you in advance! :)

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2011, 06:07:43 AM »
No side effects but a scar that is immature can still improve by itself.  The scar should be healed before you stamp it – let it heal for 8 weeks after an injury, surgery etc.