Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: How deep to push the dermastamp for burn scars?  (Read 6053 times)

Junebug

How deep to push the dermastamp for burn scars?
« on: September 21, 2011, 07:28:26 AM »
Hi I posted a thread earlier in which I stated my curiousity in the efficacy of microneedling on hyperpigmentated burn scars. I went ahead and bought the dermastamp and tried it out on a couple of pigmented scars. After the session, I had a weird feeling that the needles on the dermastamp might be too long. I don't know, it just felt like it hurt too much, pushing the stamp all the way down into my skin. Am I having a normal reaction??? Thanks!

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
How deep to push the dermastamp for burn scars?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 09:02:27 AM »
You do not have to push the needles all the way down in your case. The needles of our dermastamp are 1.5 mm long.  To soften a burn scar, it is necessary to crush the hardened collagen fibers. You do not have to go very deep to crush those. Pricking the skin with needles always hurts because the skin is tough in order to protect us. It is actually very difficult to prick the skin.