Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Chicken-pox scars on the forearm  (Read 6610 times)

Rebecca

Chicken-pox scars on the forearm
« on: September 23, 2011, 06:58:47 PM »
Hi, I received a 1.5 mm in the mail and some vit C serum ....   but I have not started using yet. I purchased these for some chicken pox scars on my forearm (slightly pitted and white), but noticeable.   My problem is whn I try to find out more about using this in the forearm most of the post is for the face.   Do I need Retin A and I.... (the cream) as well? would it be helpful?

Should I also get a smaller needle size to use more frequently?   How often should I use the different creams, serums, etc. and when?    I am lost... please help!:confused:

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2011, 10:08:53 AM »
No, you do not need the A-Ret now. Roll your scar areas very densely every three weeks. Apply vit. C for at least three consecutive days before dermarolling to ensure the maximum levels for the rolling day and then apply it at least twice a week.

Right after dermarolling, keep the area moisturized, preferably with something oily – oil locks moisture in the skin by preventing evaporation

If you do not get any improvement within four months, buy a 0.5 mm dermaroller and use it twice a week on your area (and continue with the 1.5 mm as well). You can also consider needling the scars with our single needles.

In case of stubborn, non responsive scars, I recommend needling them and apply the A-Ret immediately after.

Rebecca

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2011, 07:13:30 PM »
But I am feeling better now!  Thank you so much Sarah!