Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Disinfecting Rollers and Needles with Chloramine-T  (Read 13291 times)

Mlight

Disinfecting Rollers and Needles with Chloramine-T
« on: October 01, 2011, 06:12:55 AM »
Do I disinfect the rollers and needles with the chloramine-T both before and after use? I am planning on doing the .5% dilution. Do I soak the implements overnight both before and after use? Thank you.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Disinfecting Rollers and Needles with Chloramine-T
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2011, 09:09:14 AM »
Only after use. After the overnight soak in Chloramine-T, you rinse the roller/dermastamp/needle under tap water and let it air-dry. Keep the microneedling instrument in a clean, closed container.

The instructions explain this in detail (you should rinse the device after use with some warm soapy water, then leave it overnight in Chloramine-T, then rinse it with tap water and air-dry.

If your tap water is undrinkable due to bacterial contamination (tap water usually is sterilized by the municipality with Chlorine or UV or ozone), then use demineralized water.

Debm

• Forum member
Re: Disinfecting Rollers and Needles with Chloramine-T
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2013, 11:06:26 PM »
Hi Sarah.  I may have missed it and I'm not good with grams or percentages - if i want to soak my roller overnight, how many teaspoons of chlor to a cup of water?   Thanks, i saw 2% but wasnt sure to a cup and i don't want to mix up the entire packet.

lindsay123

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2013, 07:32:43 AM »
Sarah, for cleaning a 1mm dermastamp is it sufficient to wash with warm soapy water (fairy liquid or similar) and then a soak in 0.5 / 1 % chloramine-t solution overnight?

Or is dishwasher detergent necessary? If so could i just dissolve a dishwasher tablet in a basin of warm water instead?

Thanks.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2013, 11:35:14 AM »
Sorry - I meant by dishwashing detergent that green liquid you use to do the dishes with, manually.

Skinfan

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2013, 12:53:55 PM »
I made a 2% chloramine solution. How long do I have to leave the roller in the solution? If it is stronger than 1% you don't leave it overnight...correct? Thanks

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2013, 04:57:23 PM »
2% is for quick disinfection and the exposure time is >= 30 minutes, as can be read here:

https://http://shop.owndoc.com/product-info.php?chloramine-t-pid174.html

« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 04:57:42 PM by SarahVaughter »