Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: acne after dermarolling  (Read 14927 times)

Jessica

acne after dermarolling
« on: October 06, 2011, 02:27:46 AM »
Hi Sarah,

In april I went to get dermarolling done as a professional treatment to treat the cystic acne scars that I got from using pur minerals 3 years ago. I have oily skin but didnt break out as often.since dermarolling i keep breaking out and id ont know why! ive been so depressed since i cant even wear make up to cover up. has this happened to anyone?

Jessica

acne after dermarolling
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2011, 02:32:32 AM »
forgot to mention even the foundation that i used prior to dermarolling breaks me out now. i decided to stop using any makeup thinking that its the makeup clogging my pores breaking me out. however even with a bare face im still breaking out, its been 3 month since my last treatment and i thought the breakouts woud subside but it still keeps happening. i went to get the treatment to fix my scars not to create more scars! i dont want to blame the treatment entirely because it did help to fill up may scars but just wondering if there is a reason behind my break outs since dermarolling? any advice would greatly help as im tearing my hair out trying to figure out why this is happening to me

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
acne after dermarolling
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2011, 01:41:45 PM »
Has there recently been a change in your hormonal levels, such as starting or quitting taking contraception or other hormonal pills? You should try to use the A-Ret gel. It usually keeps acne under control.

Jessica

acne after dermarolling
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2011, 01:32:47 AM »
no i have never been on the pill at all. I started to break out soon after my first dermarolling treatment , as soon as i would put makeup on i would break out. so after a month i stopped using it. but i still get a pimple or 2 every week and its frustrating. i just started taking apple cider vinegar interally, do you know if thats any good and also planning on taking acreola tablets for my vitamin c. Whats A ret gel? I'm 24 so Im not sure retina A is somethig i should try on my skin

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
acne after dermarolling
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2011, 12:49:42 PM »
The A-Ret gel (we sell it) contains Tretinoin. It speeds up the turnover of the skin. In young people it helps controlling acne, in older individuals it helps reversing sun damage. It is routinely used for acne.

nelo

acne after dermarolling
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2012, 12:24:56 PM »
I break out after I derma stamp in tiny red bumps. (20 year old male). I tried derma rolling and the same thing happened, tiny red bumps.

I disinfect before every use.

could I be allergic to skin needling?

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
acne after dermarolling
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2012, 05:20:21 PM »
Tiny red bumps that appear after dermarolling are normal. Most "homerollers" do not get them but it is not uncommon. The same happens after acid peels or laser treatments in some people. It doesn't mean you are allergic to it. Usually, the skin gets used to dermarolling after a while and the red bumps do not appear any more.