Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Anyone else got stronger skin after a year of needling?  (Read 6648 times)

soon

Anyone else got stronger skin after a year of needling?
« on: October 13, 2011, 03:29:30 AM »
Hi all ;)

This questions for anyone who's been dermarolling & needling for a year or more.

When I first started my facial skin was easy to puncture. Similar to say, putting a needle thru alfoil (aluminium foil to non Aussie's)

Now its harder....my skin is much softer/plumper (not fat, actually lost weight...not via rolling hehee).

It's like popping a balloon with the end of a wooden spoon.  I'm more sensitive to the discomfort/pain.

As I've said in other posts, my skin looks & feels great. I'm just wondering if my skins less permeable "plumpness" is normal?

Cheers soon

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011, 12:13:08 PM »
Long-term dermarolling strenghtens and thickens the skin because of collagen and elastin induction. Thicker skin is more difficult to pierce. The plumpness is normal and it makes the skin look better.

Unfortunately not everybody achieves thickening of the skin by dermarolling.

The skin can become more sensitive due to angiogenesis (creation of new blood vessels) and a more denser network of nerve endings.

soon

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2011, 05:48:16 AM »
Wow, that's really exciting news.

Thanks Sarah