Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: dermaroller for stretch marks?!  (Read 20965 times)

xxjackiex

dermaroller for stretch marks?!
« on: October 13, 2011, 09:21:22 AM »
Hey there ive had stretch marks ever since pubrity... in my inner thighs and a few on my butt...

i had a baby 5 months ago and i lost the weight very quickly from not eating ( i know not smart) anyways i got a lot more stretch marks from this . I lost 30 pounds in 1 1/2 months. I got more on my inner thighs, hips,butt, and knees.

I use the derma roller 1.5 and recently bought one from Sarah which im waiting to arrive. I use to do it frequently till i read REAL information on how to roll.. every 3-6 weeks depending on healing.. My skin is the type that i cant see the redness really in them so to me they were NEVER red... but i see a few red ones on my butt when i pull the skin.. I roll everywhere. but i have a few questions...

What should i put on after rolling? i used dr rollers vitamin e cream but ran out and its pretty expensive.. so im thinking of buying this serum from white lotus.

my stretch marks seem to be getting alittle smaller on my inner thighs.. i look at them a lot because they make me upset... but im hoping its improving.

Also i was wondering if i should get a single roller for my longer stretch marks?? and could i roll on the smaller ones also with it?

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011, 12:27:55 PM »
For stubborn stretch marks, I recommend applying the A-Ret gel (it contains Retinoic Acid = Tretinoin) right after dermarolling. It will sting.  On top of that, apply something oily to keep the area moisturized - oil prevents evaporation of water from the skin.

If you do not achieve significant improvement with a regular roller, consider buying "tools" for more intensive treatment -  a one liner dermaroller (if you have very many stretch marks) or the single needles. Yes you can roll smaller stretch marks as well with the one-liner.

We consider White Lotus Antiaging to be company of questionable ethics and their skin serums to be expensive and unproven.

More about White Lotus' unethical marketing practices here:

https://http://www.owndoc.com/dermarolling/white-lotus-breast-enhancement-scam/

We recently got an email from White Lotus, threatening to sue us if we would not tone down our criticism of them, but they failed to explain how dermarolling could enhance breast size, or the issues addressed in that article of ours.

xxjackiex

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2011, 06:16:51 PM »
how often do i use the 1.5 and the one line roller at the same times ??

and ok thanks for letting me know about there serums!

o you know where i can order retin A

ive also heard they only work for red stretch marks

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2011, 02:44:45 AM »
We have updated our instructions just now to include guidelines for the one-liner. They are to be considered "ordniary" rollers for rolling frequency purposes.

We sell A-Ret cream (dropshipped from India) but not to all countries (listed on our sales page for it),

xxjackiex

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2011, 08:40:49 AM »
So i can only roll with the single-line every 3-4 weeks but i can also use the derma roller a few days after single -lineing??

also do i apply the ret a gel like 30 mins after rolling?? and everyday after or the odd days?

Should i also buy the infa.. gel also? its quite expensive so im only going to buy one for now..

xxjackiex

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2011, 10:11:01 AM »
also i get red bumbs all over my butt when i derma roll... sometimes other places also

it might be because sometimes bio oil hits the spots i did>>  im not sure??

xxjackiex

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2011, 05:41:06 PM »
also i was wondering.. i read that so many people are usiing different things after rolling.. ive only ever used vitamin e cream and lotions like that..

but i dont think thats the correct thing to do for proper healing

so do you recomend i use ret a + something else??

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2011, 06:41:26 AM »
>So i can only roll with the single-line every 3-4 weeks but i can also use the derma roller a few days after single -lineing?? also do i apply the ret a gel like 30 mins after rolling?? and everyday after or the odd days?

My recommendations concerning the use of the one liner dermaroller for stretch marks can be read here on its sales page:

https://http://shop.owndoc.com/p-181/oneliner15.html

> Should i also buy the infa.. gel also? its quite expensive so im only going to buy one for now..

Infadolan is very suitable for dermarolling aftercare:

https://http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarolling-microneedling/Questions-about-your-vit-A-D-ointment-Infadolan

You can also use something similar, if you can source it cheaper locally. Make sure to keep the rolled area moisturized.

>also i get red bumbs all over my butt when i derma roll... sometimes other places also it might be because sometimes bio oil hits the spots i did im not sure??

It is difficult to say what causes this. You could stop using bio oil for a while and see what happens.

xxjackiex

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2011, 07:06:47 AM »
Thanks for the quick reply!!

just wondering if i should put Infadolan, retin A, or vitamin cream on after??

also ive heard you should apply vitamin c acid which i really have no idea where to buy it or how to make it!

thanks again!!:cool:

xxjackiex

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2011, 08:00:03 AM »
Hey again i just read through the hole instructions page

sorry im posting so much! i just really wanna make sure i do this right..

i ordered your vitamin C serum and read how to do it, also i ordered infadolan.

So i should do the vitamin c right after a shower and a few days leading up to the roll?? everyday up to the roll ?

and then after the roll i will apply infadolan for how many days?

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2011, 05:16:12 AM »
>So i should do the vitamin c right after a shower and a few days leading up to the roll?? everyday up to the roll ?

You do not have to do it right after the shower but if you do, it will enhance its penetration.

An application every second or third day is sufficient but apply it for three consecutive days prior to dermarolling to attain maximum levels for the rolling day.

>and then after the roll i will apply infadolan for how many days?

You should roll the stretch marks very densely. Keeping the rolled area occluded with Infadolan proved very successful in the treatment of stretch marks. Infadolan is greasy - you can cover the skin with food wrap foil or a white paper tissue after applying Infadolan to prevent your clothes from getting greasy. Use the Infadolan for at least a week.

xxjackiex

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2011, 09:01:03 AM »
Okay thanks sarah!

i am also wondering about the 70% alcohol i have been using to clean the rollers

is that okay to use that?

also i have large areas to roll.. my bum-ish/and hips.. and inner legs so it will be hard to put paper towel all over me but i will try!

will the infadolan just go through the towel though and off of my skin?

xxjackiex

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2011, 07:59:29 AM »
still wondering about the other questions^

and why the roller came with plastic on it?

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2011, 03:24:49 PM »
The alcohol is OK - please refer to the instructions.

The roller comes in a plastic holder, inside a plastic wrapper, and the needles are sometimes protected with a plastic protection sheet as well.

You are free to experiment with the Infadolan.

xxjackiex

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2011, 03:43:00 PM »
thanks, one last question i promise lol!!

how do i apply the vitamin c? is it like a lotion i just rub in circular motions till obsorbed and wash off in the shower the next morning?