Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: What size dermaroller for different scars?  (Read 6645 times)

healing

What size dermaroller for different scars?
« on: October 25, 2011, 03:27:47 PM »
Hi Sarah & everyone else!

I'm really excited to start rolling/needling, but I have a few questions I'd be grateful if you could answer.

First some background information about my scars:

• I have some flat hypopigmented scars

• I also have some raised hypopigmented scars - raised by perhaps 1mm, but it's hard to tell

• I also have a hypertrophic scar

All my scars are around 6 years old. I want to try rolling for the collagen benefits, but also single needling to try and get some melanocyte transfer. What size roller should I be using, and how often? I haven't found any information about how to choose what size roller (as in 0.5, 1.5, etc.). And is it ok to use single needling at the same time?

If you could just recommend a roller and tell me how often I should use it and how often I should single needle, I'd be very grateful.

One final question: is it ok to use the dermaroller at the same time as using silicone sheets?

Many thanks!

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
What size dermaroller for different scars?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 04:33:01 PM »
You should use a single needle on all your scars every 3-4 weeks. If they are large, use a dermastamp.

Since your scars are not deep but hypopigmented or raised, use a 0.5 mm dermaroller and roll twice a week.

Yes, you can needle and roll at the same time.

Yes, it is OK to use a dermaroller in combination with the silicone sheets.