Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Disinfection- and cream/serum questions  (Read 7315 times)

sona

Disinfection- and cream/serum questions
« on: October 29, 2011, 07:42:21 PM »
I am a  newbie and just received my 2 dermarollers.

One is 0.5mm for skin penetration and the other is 1.5mm for collagen production.

my first question is about cleaning the dermaroller.

On the instruction site it is said, to NOT clean the dermaroller with higher than 30% isopropanol.

What I get here from the pharmacy is 70% isopropanol (also called rubbing alcohol here) does that mean I should DILUTE this by half with water?

Second question is:

I did not buy any other creams or masks (ex. retin-A or infadolan ect) because I already have my own creams that I want to use up.

my question is, after I roll with the 1.5mm roller, WHAT is the best cream/serum to apply?

can I just use pure coconut oil, or rosehip oil for example, after dermarolling with 1.5mm,  or some other cream?

regarding the 0.5mm roller, can I use other serums too, BESIDES the L'ascorbic C serum, which I want to use once or twice per week, but then, for the third time I would like to use another serum, with VIt-A or Matrixyl3000 ect.

Can I use these creams after rolling with 0.5 roller?

Thank you in advance for replying.

Sonja

sona

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011, 09:54:39 PM »
Hello again,

Maybe my question regarding cleaning the dermaroller is silly, that is why nobody answered.

I am sorry, but I am a newbie and do not want to do anything wrong. and maybe different countries have different products, therefore, I just wanted to be sure.

Maybe somebody could tell me HOW I should disinfect the skin on my face before dermarolling?

I can NOT use any ISOPROPYL rubbing alcohol, it damages my skin, therefore, can I USE 3% HYDROGEN PEROXIDE instead? or is there something else?

I cannot get any Betadine, besides, I can also not use it on my skin.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, 10:02:01 AM »
>my first question is about cleaning the dermaroller.

>On the instruction site it is said, to NOT clean the dermaroller with higher than 30% isopropanol.

>What I get here from the pharmacy is 70% isopropanol (also called rubbing alcohol here) does that >mean I should DILUTE this by half with water?

Two customers reported soaking their roller in a high percentage of isopropanol and the dermaroller "disintegrated", according to them. On the other hand we have customers who also soaked it in a high percentage of isopropanol and there were no problems.  Nonetheless I must warn our customers. We are not sure whether it is a problem with a specific brand of isopropanol or whether there was any real problem at all.

You could dilute your isopropanol with water to half its original concentration and add ethanol to make it more effective.

Where to buy ethanol:

https://http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarolling-microneedling/Can-t-find-proper-disinfection-alcohol
/a>

We sell Chloramine-T for dermaroller disinfection. That is currently our recommended method of microneedling instrument sterilization.

You could also use that (2% solution) on your face, but it will smell strongly of chlorine for hours..