Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Newbie - very deep stretch marks  (Read 8396 times)

alladila

Newbie - very deep stretch marks
« on: November 24, 2011, 05:25:19 AM »
Hi Sarah,

What a great site you have here! I am new to needling and haven't yet made any purchases, so am wondering if you would be able to point me in the right direction as to which products I would find necessary for what I want to treat.

I am 26 and had a baby 2 years ago. In the last month of pregnancy I developed a rash which even the dermatologist was unable to completely explain, but was prescribed a steroid cream as the rash completely covered the front of my torso and was unbearable. Anyway, as a result, I developed extremely deep stretch marks all over my stomach from above my bellybutton to right above the pubic region, side to side. I have included a photo so you can see the extent of it. It's not very clear, but you can see how wide they are and I can assure you they are deep!

Any advice as to which products (including needles) would best suit?

Thank you!

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2011, 10:33:28 AM »
Corticoids are well known for causing wide and deep stretch marks. You would have probably developed stretch marks anyway as a result of your pregnancy (about 90 percent of women develop stretch marks during pregnancy) but corticoids likely aggravated the depth and width of your stretch marks. Corticoids weaken the connective tissue in the skin and make the skin vulnerable when stretched.

In your case, I would recommend a NARROW 1.5 mm dermaroller.  Whenever you have time (certainly not easy to find much time when looking after a 2 year old ;-) roll densely and thoroughly over several individual stretch marks and massage the A-Ret (Tretinon) gel into it (it will likely sting). Meaning you will select one stretch mark, roll it thoroughly, massage Tretinoin gel into it, select another stretch mark and do the same. It is up to you how many stretch marks you roll in one session but do not do your whole belly in one go. Better to do it in parts. Do not dermaroll the same stretch mark more than once a month. Start for example on the left side of your tummy and roll every day five marks (every day new ones) until you will have done all of them. Do this every month

After three months (each stretch mark has then been rolled three times), give your skin a one-month break and then again roll for three months, again one month break etc.

When you roll an individual stretch mark with the narrow dermaroller, you will try to concentrate on, and target the stretch mark but the dermaroller will also "hit" the skin surrounding the mark, which is normal and OK.

alladila

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2011, 12:58:59 AM »
That's fantastic, thank you for the quick reply. Yes, the doctor told me - "you will get stretch marks" and I just didn't care! I still think I made the right decision and I'm not depressed over having the marks - but if they can be improved without surgery, then of course I'd like to try it! I will likely be doing this at night time after he has gone to bed, that's for sure!

Thank you again for your help

alladila

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2011, 05:49:34 AM »
Oh no! I am just in the online store now and see that the Tretinoin is not permitted for import into Australia. Any suggestions on an alternative?

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2011, 06:36:46 AM »
Unfortunately no, but instead of dropshipping A-Ret, we will start selling our own Tretinoin around Christmas or January and there will be no restrictions because we will offer the option of an unlabeled jar that should pass customs inspection..