Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Dermabrasion scars  (Read 6347 times)

dermabrasionscars

Dermabrasion scars
« on: December 07, 2011, 01:49:26 PM »
Hi, I have been reading about dermarolling  for weeks, debating on if I want to try it or not. I'm scared, don't want to make myself look worse. Based on what I have read I have decided to buy Sarah Vaughter's products instead of Scientia/Dr.Roller. My skin issues are:

1) 11's on my forehead, starting to get kinda deep.

and

2) Scars left behind from dermabrasion that didn't heal properly.

I had spot dermabrasion performed on my cheeks about 15 years ago. The resulting scars are  in the areas just below the cheekbones/near my nose on each cheek. They are about an inch or less in width. And although not very deep, there are a couple of shallow pits and lines. Overall texture is rough and uneven due to bad healing after the procedure.

After reading posts and information, I have decided to purchase single needles for the 11's on my forehead, and a 1.5 dermastamp for my cheek scars, and Vitamin C.

Wondering if this a good choice?

Also, a question about telangiectasia. I have a few of these capillaries throughout the dermabrasion scars. I was wondering if the 1.5 needles would be able to reach and break these up? Is that possible?

Thank you for reading and taking the time to answer :)

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Dermabrasion scars
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011, 05:18:45 PM »
Yes, your choice is very good!

Regarding broken capillaries (telangiectasia), the needles are likely able to reach them, as broken capillaries are in the dermis but there is no problem with it. You will certainly not get bruises. Some pinpoint  bleeding is completely normal while needling or stamping whether one has or doesn't have broken capillaries.

Dermarollers are advertised on many sites as being able to improve broken capillaries but we do not have a single customer who reported improvement of broken capillaries, neither did I manage to improve mine with dermarolling..

dermabrasionscars

Dermabrasion scars
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 09:38:02 AM »
Thank you for the fast reply. I have had a couple of KTP laser treatments for the capillaries in the past couple of months. Only a few stubborn ones are left, they seem to be in stasis, and I was a little concerned that they might look worse or more come back if I hit them with the needles. I plan on doing one more KTP treatment after Christmas. How long do you think I should wait after the laser to start using the stamp and needles? My skin is generally back to normal after about 2 weeks. I asked my dermatologist, but she says the dermarolling doesn't work, and is pushing for me to do Fraxel. Which I am NOT going to do.

My main concern is getting rid of the scarring. I'm hoping because the majority of it isn't very bad (imagine a deep scab coming off too soon and what the skin looks like after) that I will have fantastic results with your products :) The worst ones are what look like a giant deep pore, and a thin line.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Dermabrasion scars
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 10:44:38 AM »
The light frequency used in a "vascular" laser is absorbed by the red hemoglobin in the blood, this absorbed energy heats up the blood vessels so much that the dilated vessel gets sealed or evaporated. It causes a degree of thermal trauma to the skin and you should wait until it is completely healed before you stamp it.  I would say about three weeks.

If you decide to stamp your scars prior to the vascular laser treatment, let the skin completely heal before you do the laser.