Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Singleneedling - pricks per inch ?  (Read 6047 times)

keoh

Singleneedling - pricks per inch ?
« on: December 06, 2011, 08:23:37 PM »
Hi,

Actually I tried using a single needle roller on my face but it's about the same question . . .

I did a little test on a piece of white paper - then decided that about seven or eight rolls would be about right to get the right density of pricking. But I really have no idea.

I read the pdf of instructions - and I know it's all sort of relative to the particular person.

In my case, after 7 or 8 passes, I really didn't get the look quite as much as any of those three examples in the photo of post pricking : light, medium, heavy, so to speak.

Some pin prick bleeding, some redness on the neck for just a day, but it seems my skin doesn't really mind the pricking too much. I'll have to wait a month to see the results.

But I was just wondering if you could venture a rough guess as to a range of passes with a single needle roller, or even better, with a single needle - a range of pricks per inch.

I mean, would it be, more or less, 1 per mm, or per .5 mm ? Something like that ? I feel like I'm just kind of guessing.

Thanks if you have any ideas.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011, 04:00:54 PM »
The skin on the body should be pricked more densely than the face. Facial wrinkles should be needled in a line, spot for spot (roughly two pricks per mm). If it heals OK, next time, you can needle the wrinkle spot for spot and when you finish, go over it one more time in the same way or less densely.

Be conservative on your first session. Always start slowly and see how your skin reacts and how it heals.

Don't forget to lift the dermaroller after each pass on your face to prevent rolling exactly into the same holes. Rolling back and forth without lifting the roller is OK for skin on the rest of the body but on the face you should lift the roller after each roll.

Scars any other place than on the face such as stretch marks, surgical scars, injury scars etc. should be needled really densely, crushing the hardened collagen.

keoh

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2011, 04:41:48 PM »
Ok, thanks a lot - that's what I needed to know.

Btw, I did make sure to pick up the roller for each pass - did my homework.   ;-)

But it's always good to mention it again.

Thanks again.