Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Dermarolling while breast feeding  (Read 12100 times)

Annopanno

Dermarolling while breast feeding
« on: January 01, 2012, 08:05:33 AM »
Hi,

Why does so many dermaroller pages on the internet claim that you cannot use dermarollers when you are breast feeding? I read somewhere that it is because the body uses a lot of vitamins to regenerate new collagene, would that mean that the breast milk would contain too little vitamins if you are dermarolling? This sound very strange to me but I have not found any other explanations. Can you please help me with this matter? I would very much like to start Dermarolling my abdominal strech marks now straight after I have given birth while they are still fresh. I plan to breast feed at least for 6 months. but I don't feel comfortable doing it when I keep reading that it is not recommended

best regards

Anna

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2012, 02:28:01 PM »
I think the reason is that potentially, there is a risk of getting an infection. The depleted-vitamins story is indeed nonsense.

If you get an infection, it will have to be treated with antibiotics and obviously, it is wise to avoid taking any medication when breastfeeding unless it is completely necessary.

With proper disinfection and a normally functioning immune system, the risk of infection is extremely small and none of our more than ten thousand customers has ever reported an infection. Countless people all over the world are dermarolling.

To minimize the risk, do not dermaroll extensive areas in one go. Do not roll all your stretch marks in one go. Wait for the rolled area to heal completely before you roll another part of the abdomen.  And of course, thoroughly follow our disinfecting instructions.

If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, you should not use any numbing creams.

Annopanno

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012, 05:55:20 AM »
Thank you so much for your help! I am thinking since I can't use tretinoin creme while breast feeding that I at least use vitamin C and E after Dermarolling. Would you think that it would be a good idea to use just avocado oil (which contains vitamin E) and vitamin C serum? Or would you have any other suggestions that would be more effective?

Best

Anna

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2012, 11:58:49 AM »
It is a good idea but do not mix them together. Either apply them in turns or apply vit. C serum first, let it penetrate the skin and then apply avocado oil.

Annopanno

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2012, 12:14:00 PM »
Thanks for the advise! Should I put the Vit C serum befor dermarolling and then avocado oil after rolling when the skin is still "open"?

Or do I put the Vit C serum on after rolling and then wait for it to absorb and then put the avocado oil?

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2012, 10:32:08 AM »
If your skin can handle applying vit. C after dermarolling without getting too irritated, do it as you suggested:

>Or do I put the Vit C serum on after rolling and then wait for it to absorb and then

>put the avocado oil?

If the skin cannot handle this, do your other suggestion:

>Should I put the Vit C serum befor dermarolling and then avocado oil after rolling

>when the skin is still "open"?