Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: A few questions about stretch marks and purchase  (Read 11745 times)

Michael

A few questions about stretch marks and purchase
« on: February 01, 2012, 02:00:42 AM »
I have a few questions before I purchase the items needed  in order to begin my stretch mark removal.

1.  under your stretch mark guide on single needling it states to use normal roller wait 5 weeks use single roller or needling.  Does it mean to use normal roller then wait 5 weeks and use single?  Or to use normal, then use single in same session?  I'm assuming alternate?

2. I am having trouble looking for pre/post ointments.  From what I can gather use the vitamin C solution sold on website 4 days prior to rolling, then use Tretinoin on skin during rolling, then use Infadolan afterwards and the following 14days?  Also I do not see Tretinoin sold on site anymore, for an ointment during roll would anything collagen/vitaminE work or just straight vitamin E from capsules?

3. Say after 4 days would you recommend using cocoa butter/vitamin E creams topically along with infadolan or anytime in-between?

4.  If I have the time, would you recommend using a needle or the single roller?  Needle is more effective right?

Thanks, Mike :)

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 04:52:07 PM »
(1) Either in the same session (if you have just a few stretch marks) or spread it out. It means roll the whole area with a regular 1.5 mm roller and during the next five weeks, single needle or use a 1.5 mm one liner dermaroller on stretch marks whenever you have time. You can for example thoroughly single needle every day five stretch marks (every day different ones) until they are all done. You should complete the single needling or one liner rolling of all your stretch marks within five weeks.

(2) We hoped to have Tretinoin for sale at the end of January but we encountered quite a few problems and it got delayed. In a day or three, we will start selling a 0.025% Tretinoin cream for sensitive skin - price $17,- for 18 grams. We plan to sell 0.05% and 0.1% as well. However, a high percentage can irritate the skin without having more effect than lower percentages.

(3) You must keep the treated area moisturized. Using oils is a good choice, except for acne prone skin:

https://http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarolling-microneedling/Is-this-all-I-need-for-a-successful-dermarolling-treatment

(4) Single needling is more laborious and more difficult to do than the one liner roller. Needling is the most aggressive, intensive and targeted treatment for stretch marks however many customers got great results with the one liner (roll densely). In any case, for the best results, dermarolling of stretch marks with a regular dermaroller should be combined with the intensive methods – single needling or/and the one liner dermaroller. The fewer the needles a dermaroller has, the deeper they penetrate.  A 1.5 mm one liner penetrates deeper than a regular 1.5 mm dermaroller.

Michael

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 05:08:48 PM »
Thanks for your quick reply.  So when I needle you recommend using tretinoin?  Some places say vitamin E is bad some say good.  Having trouble deciding what I should apply while needling.  If tretinoin is good i'm going to buy some as soon as your site has it up and place my order.  :)

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 06:04:32 PM »
You meant vit. A instead of vit. E, correct?

Why use Tretinoin for stretch marks:

https://http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarolling-microneedling/Why-use-Tretinoin-for-stretch-marks&p=2921

Tretinoin however is not a good moisturizer, it actually dries out the skin so you have to apply a good moisturizer such as Infadolan on top of Tretinoin.

Michael

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 08:11:04 PM »
Thanks again for the info.  How often would you recommend using tretinoin?  Just on the needling?  Or adjust with morning/night schedule of infadolan?  Basically the only part of the whole process I don't understand is what I should be using when needling as in should I apply tretinoin right before needling or my own moisturizer.  And when you say keep moisturized, should I stay away from lotions/body washes with vitamin E?

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2012, 05:34:53 PM »
Apply Tretinoin to your stretch marks after needling and also about four times a week (without needling).

There is no reason to stay away from vitamin E. The hysteria about vit. E came about due to some medical studies that found out that vit. E doesn't accelerate/help healing (until then it was believed it does).  The injury where vit. E had not been applied actually healed slightly quicker but it doesn't really mean vit. E is bad or causes in general bad healing.

Michael

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2012, 06:18:24 PM »
Thanks again for the reply Sarah.  I am confused then,there are 3 creams I bought from your site: Tretinoin/Vit C/infadolan

out of the 3 you don't apply any when needling?  I just need to know what I should be using while needling.  All of those 3 are post treatment creams?  Infadolan in morning and vit c in evening?  I was under the impression Tretinoin was a pre treatment application, if not what type of cream do I use when needling and when do I apply Tretinoin in conjunction with the other 2?

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2012, 06:22:58 AM »
Yes, Tretinoin is for pre-treatment but in case of stretch marks, surgical- or other scars, it is massaged in right after needling as well.

- Pretreat your skin with vit. C and Tretinoin.

- Needle the stretch marks. Massage Tretinoin into individual stretch marks. Apply a little Infadolan over the needled area. Continue applying a little Infadolan every day until it is completely healed.

- A day or two after needling, re-start applying vit, C (three times a week is enough). If you are still applying Infadolan, first let the vit. C penetrate the skin and then apply Infadolan.

- Apply Tretinoin on the days when you do not apply vit. C. You can do it in turns. (Infadolan can be applied right after Tretinoin).

Michael

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2012, 10:30:24 AM »
Ok, thanks for answering all of my questions again.  I am going to do this for a year and continually document my progress and post the pictures here.  :)

ranee13

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2012, 07:50:14 AM »
Hi Sarah,

For stretch marks, getting the single liner 1.5mm roller is just as good as the single needles? Between derma-rolling, with a frequency of 3 to 4 weeks, do I use the single liner roller just once on each scar, covering few scars each time? Is it necessary to have bleeding during this process as it is expected that the needles be pierced in deeper than the normal roller?

Could I use a mixture of cocoa&shea butter, Vitamin E oil, argan oil, castor oil, virgin olive oil, rosehip oil and skin evener after rolling and also on a daily basis on the scars? Could I also add lemon juice and fresh aloe vera to this mixture? Or do you suggest me applying tretinoin and infadolan instead. Thanks for your help.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2012, 07:51:13 AM »
>For stretch marks, getting the single liner 1.5mm roller is just as good as the single

>needles?

The single needles are the most effective.  A one liner is very effective.

>Between derma-rolling, with a frequency of 3 to 4 weeks, do I use the single liner roller

>just once on each scar, covering few scars each time?

Yes. Roll each stretch mark very densely. "Crush" the scar collagen.

> Is it necessary to have bleeding during this process as it is expected that the needles be >pierced in deeper than the normal roller?

It depends where you roll and how thick your skin is.

The thickness of the skin is not the same all over the body and it differs individually as well. It is not necessary to get bleeding.

>Could I use a mixture of cocoa&shea butter, Vitamin E oil, argan oil, castor oil, virgin

>olive oil, rosehip oil and skin evener after rolling and also on a daily basis on the scars?

Yes.

>Could I also add lemon juice and fresh aloe vera to this mixture? Or do you suggest me

>applying tretinoin and infadolan instead.

I am not sure why you want to add lemon juice because it contains only a very small amount of vit. C.  Aloe vera is a strong anti-inflammatory. You can apply it but not right after dermarolling, If you roll in the evening, you can apply it in the morning.

In my posting #4 I link to the studies explaining why to use Tretinoin. It depends on you.

ranee13

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2012, 03:37:28 PM »
Noted, Thanks. I will get tretinoin and infadolan. On days I am not using these, i will just use my own mixture.