Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Red marks  (Read 6156 times)

Tappsy

Red marks
« on: February 04, 2012, 11:48:36 AM »
Hi

I have a lot of red marks on my cheek and jawline. Its from acne in my teens and are about 15 years old. Have had minor outbreaks following. Has no deep scars "just" red marks. I have used a derma roller every other day for a month now with 0.5 mm and got my first professional treatment 8 weeks ago with 1.0 mm and again yesterday by 1.0 mm. Until now I have not seen any improvement.

Most places I read about acne scars, is about scars like ice peaks, but my face has an even skin texture and a lot of red marks.

Do you think Rolling will have an effect on my skin?

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Red marks
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 10:33:59 AM »
It depends how deep the marks are. It looks like your 15 years old marks are very deep.

The upper layer of the skin - the epidermis - has a turnover of about 25 days. If the marks were in the epidermis, they would be gone by themselves within several months. If you have had them for 15 years, it means they are in the dermis (deep skin layer). The turnover of the dermis is extremely slow. Dermarolling that reaches the dermis speeds up the turnover of the dermis.

A 0.5 mm dermaroller can reach the top of the dermis. Continue rolling both with the 0.5 mm and the 1 mm rollers. One month is not enough.

Our customers' hyperpigmentation improved on average after six months of rolling.

If your red marks are not skin pigmentation but they are in fact dilated blood vessels (telangiectasia, spider veins), dermarolling will not help.

You will in that case need a vascular laser.

Tappsy

Red marks
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 04:52:25 AM »
Thanks for your reply!

I was wondering how deep can red marks be, and it would be better to use a dermroller with a needle length of 1.25 mm or 1.5 mm instead of just 1.0 mm?

By the way my red marks are skin pigmentation.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Red marks
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 12:06:12 PM »
Peculiar that you still have post-acne marks 15 years later.. They should have gone a long time ago.

A 1 mm roller can reach the dermis quite deeply. Roll every 10-14 days for six months. If you get no results, contact me.

Maybe you can try hydroquinone. It reduces the melanin pigment that usually is present in excessive levels in pigmentations.

Tretinoin cream is also helpful against pigmentations.