Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Is such fast progress really possible?  (Read 7594 times)

Hoping2improve

• Forum member
Is such fast progress really possible?
« on: February 04, 2012, 11:05:28 PM »
Hi,

Although I have ordered my first set of supplies from your shop back in 2010, I have not consistently or completely needled all of my  stretch marks until 2012 (did most). I have sooooo many stretch marks on, mainly, my legs that it was painstaking to single needle my marks. With family, work, studies, and recreational activities, I felt like I would finish needling in about 6 months at my pace. So, I lost motivation and confidence and eventually stopped in 2010. I couldn’t even roll my marks because it hurt far worse than the single needle and numbing large areas felt like a bit much and any time spent really needed to be on cleaning/sterilizing and needling.

So, I have been using your single needle, but in a different way than you suggest in order for me to have most of my marks needled in 2 days. I also got so excited and couldn’t wait on my new 1.5 mm roller, peptide, and extra single needles that I ordered this year that I ended up single needling first and then 7 days after the 1.5 mm derma-roller arrived I rolled (won’t  that again though).  Well, I apply Vitamin C and dry brush daily (did wait 2 weeks after I singled needled). I also use Retin A 2 times per week, but I don’t hardly moisturize (only did so for about 3 days after single needling). My skin care routine is hectic and I prioritize things.  I feel like my stretch marks have made GREAT improvements in less than a month (single needled on 1/15/12 and derma-rolled on 1/22/12).

Is it all in my mind or is it possible to see stretch marks feel less indented and be less visual in less than a month? I’ve never heard of results in such a short period of time before which is why I ask is it possible.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 02:08:02 PM »
Interesting, would you mind sharing your method with the single needle?

There is no way your stretch marks are still swollen from single needling after one month, neither from the subsequent dermarolling so if they are less indent, it can be a permanent improvement.

Regarding the improvement of the color, if you crushed the scar collagen (which has a shiny white color) with the single needles, the stretch marks will permanently lose the shiny white color and become beige. The beige color will better blend with the surrounding skin. Usually, it takes several needling sessions to crush all shiny white collagen bundles but it is not unlikely that you managed to crush it the first time.

Do not get prematurely excited though, the improvements may still reverse a little. It is really difficult to say.

Hoping2improve

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 03:03:53 PM »
Sarah,

Thanks for your response because based on that I believe that my results are possibly real, but I will wait.

I am giving this method a 6 month trial. I don’t want to post the method just, yet, in case someone uses it and it results in more scar tissue (I would feel horrible). So, I’m the guinea pig, but I am basically using/doing everything that you suggested in one of the threads about treatment of stretch marks regarding pre and post treatment of the skin (except I don’t hardly moisturize). I only use your single needle in a different way. I also forgot to mention that I do use copper peptide mask for the first week post single needling.

I should also clarify the word “GREAT.” Of course, it’s subjective because someone else may think my results are mediocre, but I am totally happy with my progress with the little time that has been vested this year.

I am keeping very detailed records and pics. So, I will personally email you a detailed list of what I have done and before/ after pictures of each of my single needling and derma-rolling session when I am finished.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2012, 11:31:33 AM »
If you give us some feedback it would be great, thank you. Any improvement of stretch marks is a victory.