Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Co2laser nightmare  (Read 6961 times)

Mpk

Co2laser nightmare
« on: February 09, 2012, 05:00:27 PM »
I had two co2 laser over ten years ago and besides still having shallow acne scars I have absolutely no color in my face.  If I do not use sunless tanner (I haven't let myself get sun in years) I literally look sick.  Will dermarolling help in getting my color back?  I am currently using Image Skincare vit c serum, Total Max cream both with 25% hylaronic acid boost, and have just ordered the Total Retinol A cream to use to prep for dermarolling.  I also ordered your vit c powder and copper mask for immediate use after rolling.  I ordered a .2, .5, 1 and 1.5 mm roller. Can you give me some advice as to a good regimen to follow. After using the .5 mm I have realized the pain is not as bad as I anticipated so I am not afraid to be aggressive! Please help!!!

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Co2laser nightmare
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 12:20:45 PM »
Did you have color in your face prior to your laser treatments? If yes, there is a chance dermarolling will re-pigment your skin. The cells that produce the skin pigment melanin reside about 0.3 mm deep in the skin. A 0.5 mm roller (roll twice or three times a week) is the best for lost pigmentation.

However, the problem in your case is that if your entire face is depigmented, no melanocytes will migrate from normally pigmented skin into the depigmented patches. Normally, when you roll or needle a depigmented patch of skin and a little outside of its borders, the melanocytes from the surrounding normal skin migrate into the needled/rolled area.

Dermarolling can also in some cases "wake up" melanocytes in the skin, respectively make the skin function as it should, including pigment production.

Furthermore, when you are lucky, some melanocytes from normally pigmented skin will get stuck to the needles and be introduced to the depigmented areas by rolling.

If there is normally pigmented skin somewhere on your face, roll over it when you are rolling your face.

If you whole face has no pigment, first try to trigger melanocytes by simply rolling your face. If you get no results in six months, attempt melanocytes transfer from other parts of your body to your face.

Select skin that is very well pigmented somewhere on your body, and roll over it several times with a 0.5 mm roller, then immediately roll on your face, then again on the pigmented skin and again on the face etc.

One important thing: Melanocytes only produce Melanin upon sun exposure. If you want to re-pigment you face, you must expose it repeatedly to the sun after dermarolling – not immediately after but several days after.  You do not have to bake yourself for hours.

Nevertheless, some sun exposure is absolutely necessary.

Mpk

Co2laser nightmare
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2012, 11:44:10 AM »
Thank you so much for the information  i am going to start this process and hopefully i will have some success.  Should i ever incorperate a longer mm roller?  I do have shallow acne scars that i desperately want to get rid of.  Also, how much sun should I be getting and what SPF do you recommend when I am getting sun while I am in this process?

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Co2laser nightmare
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2012, 12:00:29 PM »
First try to improve your hypopigmentation and later buy for example a 1.5 mm dermastamp or a 1 mm dermaroller for your scars. You should stay in the sun for at least 10 minutes. While you are in the process use SPF15 or higher.