Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Dermarolling/-Stamping and Lupus  (Read 6394 times)

lollipop

Dermarolling/-Stamping and Lupus
« on: February 13, 2012, 10:11:36 AM »
Hi Sarah!

First off, thank you for such an informative site, great products that are reasonably priced and excellent CS!!

I have a few questions for you. I was just recently diagnosed with Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE). In my case there is involvement primarily of the kidneys, joints and skin.

I bought a dermastamp a few months ago and I got to use it a couple of times before this very first flare up began (the flare up is still active, and I am now (since about a month) on corticosteroids (Prednisolone), antimalarial drug (Plaquenil) as well as an immunosuppressant (cytotoxic) drug (Imuran). I'm wondering whether or not it's considered safe to use a dermastamp/dermaroller in my case? I'm thinking that it might not be the best idea to use them during when the disease is active - during a flare up - but what about when/if the disease is in remission? Do you think it would be safe to use then?

And what about the use of Retin-A for Lupus patients in general? I've Googled the net, but I haven't been able to find sufficient information regarding Lupus skin and the use of Retin-A.

And finally; Vitamin C-serum and Copper Peptides - are they ok to use?

Many thanks, kind regards;

H

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Dermarolling/-Stamping and Lupus
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 10:56:24 AM »
I am not a doctor so I can not advise you about Lupus + any vitamin creams. The cause of Lupus is unknown, and since it can be of infectious origin, you should not penetrate skin that has a Lupus rash.

Some of the medications you're on may have side effects on the skin as well (thinning the skin). If you have a disease and you are in doubt, always ask your doctor (preferably a Lupus expert).

If you have spent time Googling for Lupus + Tretinoin and you could not find anything, then it is unlikely that there is much significant to say about this combination.