Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Healing inflammation and facial exercise question  (Read 6538 times)

April

Healing inflammation and facial exercise question
« on: February 14, 2012, 07:15:22 PM »
Sarah, how soon can I apply serums to assist in healing inflammation as well growth of collagen after dermarolling?  I read elsewhere on the forum that the inflammation process after dermarolling is a few hours?  If that is so, then I'm hoping I could use such serums the next morning?

My second question concerns facial exercising:   I have added facial exercises to my regimen and really enjoy them... I hope they have an effect over time but more importantly, I am actually enjoying the process.  Because of the pulling and sliding this involves, I am concerned about doing so the day after dermarolling (ideally you're supposed to do the face exercises five times a week).  Do you see a problem with the massaging and other manipulation of the skin the day after dermarolling?  This is probably when I would use the kind of serums I mentioned...

p.s.  I am loving the dermarolling now.... It took me a while to get over the pain factor, but now it almost feels addicting!

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 10:10:28 AM »
Whenever it hurts, you should think: "This is the feeling of improving skin!".

You can certainly use your serums in the morning.

How long the inflammation lasts:

https://http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarolling-microneedling/How-long-does-the-inflammation-stage-lasts-after-rolling-with-long-needles

If your serums do not contain strong anti-inflammatories, you can apply them right after dermarolling.

Avoiding strong anti-inflammatory right after dermarolling only applies to dermarolling with long needles.

If you roll with a 0.5 mm or shorter, you do not have to worry about it.

I do not see any problem with facial exercises a day after dermarolling, except if the face is still "raw" from dermarolling.

April

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 07:52:08 PM »
Great!  Thank you, Sarah...

I've been fighting some chronic skin irritations that started before long before dermarolling and don't seem to be going away.  It makes me feel self-conscious because there are these raw-like, red marks/ spots that just linger and linger...  I've been thinking the acid mantle / skin barrier has somehow been compromised.  Just recently I had the thought that perhaps I should discontinue the A-Ret until my skin is back to equilibrium.  I don't know what else to do so I'm hoping the serum I bought will help.  I know it has carrot oil in it and that is supposed to be healing...

However, I  really do not want to stop rolling (.5 mm) because it honestly is a case of "this feeling is improving the skin" and I like that!

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 11:47:09 AM »
I don't really know what could be the cause of such a skin condition that you described.. A-Ret can irritate the skin and you should discontinue it to see whether that helps.

April

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2012, 06:51:00 AM »
I am more convinced the acid mantle has been compromised allowing opportunistic bacteria to invade... I've discontinued the A-Ret but last night did dermarolling followed with the healing serum and my face shows improvement.  I'm not out of the woods but I can see the light peaking through the trees.  I really appreciate your feedback on all the issues that come your way.  You are an angel.