Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: pigmentation on upper lip  (Read 6445 times)

grace

pigmentation on upper lip
« on: February 19, 2012, 09:37:34 PM »
Hi all,

I have pigmentation on my upper lip and chin. Will dermarolling help? What length of needles would I need to order? And what should the procedure of applying the rest of the serums and creams be? Thanks!

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 12:01:12 PM »
Do you know what kind of pigmentation it is? Melasma, pigmentation from laser epilation, post acne pigmentation etc?

For the time being, read my posting #4, it applies to all skin colors:

https://http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarolling-microneedling/Hyperpigmentation-on-dark-(African)-skinv/a>

grace

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 04:19:43 AM »
Yes, I went to the doctor today and she said it was mixed melasma. Both epidermal and dermal. She suggested laser treatment.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 12:46:56 PM »
The area above the lip is the most painful, with dermarolling from my experience. Maybe in this case, you should go with the laser treatment.  In some rare cases, the heat from the laser stimulates the melanocytes (pigment producing cells) and the melasma worsens.

If you want to try dermarolling, buy a 0,2 mm regular dermaroller (this needle size is not painful) and roll the melasma every second day.

Apply hydroquinone cream right after rolling to get it into the dermis.

Apply hydroquinone only for three months, then have a long break and then you can do another three months course and so on.

You must use a high factor sunscreen all the time and avoid spending extensive time in the sun.

grace

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 08:04:12 PM »
Thanks for your feedback. I'll try that.