Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: 14 month update - skin keeps getting better  (Read 29132 times)

Kat

14 month update - skin keeps getting better
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2012, 05:10:27 PM »
Oh, I also figured, since this thread is related to skin improvement, that I would mention my experience so far...I'm using the .5 roller once weekly and the 1.5 stamp every 3 weeks. It's only been just over a month but I am noticing some improvement already :)

The pores on my nose are becoming less clogged and as a result are looking less and less visible, and the hyperpigmentation on my temples and above my lips is starting to fade in areas (it's a bit patchy but I figure that's a step above the whole area looking like one big freckle!). Also, on my forehead, the skin appears to be smoothing out and a very shallow line is becoming less noticeable. It could just be inflammation, but I think it's improvement because my skin recovers very quickly from the rolling/stamping and I'm noticing these things long after the redness and flaking subsides :)

The scarring will take longer but I have a very good feeling that the results will be good when the time comes. I think the products are helping greatly too - I have discontinued use of any store-bought creams and I now use vit A, vit C, raw oils etc.

Thanks Sarah for your informative site & great products!

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2012, 06:11:47 PM »
Thank you Kat, for taking time to describe your experience.

The suction method can work for indented scars in conjunction with any type of microneedling. Nevertheless, targeted treatment is the best: Single needling or dense dermastamping to loosen the fibrotic strands and then keeping them loose with suctioning.

I am afraid I cannot advise you the best method concerning the tape. In the study, they used a professional machine, producing a very strong underpressure (it caused bruises).

The suction machine is too expensive for home rollers to buy so I was thinking about an improvised solution and a strong adhesive tape that you repeatedly stick to your scar and lift it up was one of my suggestions but it is not and ideal solution because it is not strong enough.

You basically have to improvise and try different approaches. My husband  says there exist manual vacuum pumps for filtering purposes that cost about 40 dollars. Perhaps you can improvise something with a pump like that:

Google for:

manual vacuum pump

and then look at the images. There you can find US vendors that sell a variety of relatively cheap vacuum pumps.

Forum member Arachne describes an interesting suction method improvisation in the forum thread called "Indented forehead shingles aftermath". I asked him whether he could post his method and experience in the suctioning thread and I hope he will.

Arachne

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2012, 03:20:49 PM »
Yes, I promise I will when I've completed a work assignment (deadline looming!). By the way, I'm a she not a he! Arachne was a character in Greek mythology who was turned into a spider by the jealous goddess Athena.:research:

Kat

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2012, 12:21:37 AM »
Thank you Sarah, and thanks Arachne in advance too...good luck with the assignment :)

Arachne

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2012, 06:50:47 AM »
Here are the details as promised on the

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2012, 02:49:24 PM »
Thank you, Arachne for your time to post your technique.

Sorry for the gender mistake. If the goddess Athena has turned you into a spider, at least you do not have to worry about your skin any more..