Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Big scar on forehead after accident advice please.  (Read 9056 times)

vicksta1973

Big scar on forehead after accident advice please.
« on: March 06, 2012, 06:03:21 PM »
Hello, im a bit new to the art of needling and have only just found this great site and would lukw some advice on how to best treat my scar. Its 4 months old and was stitched after i had a fall. I have used a 1.5 mm dermastamp 3 weeks ago and again tonight (after pic attached) i used environ avst 1 cream after but am wondering if i need vit c or peptide mask or to try single needling next time. Im also not sure if im pricking it enough..i went over it 2-3 times. Any advice on what to do would be appreciated. Thanks

Attached files

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 06:01:35 PM »
Ouch - that must have been a nasty fall!

I think your choice of instrument is very good and in your case, you do not really need any skin care products for the scar. Yes, I would recommend adding the single needle for even more targeted needling.

The number of pricks on your photo seems to be also sufficient.

If the scar doesn't improve in several months, you could try massaging the A-Ret into the scar immediately after needling.

vicksta1973

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 06:29:27 PM »
Thank you Sarah for replying to my question, I was hoping that you would and it just goes to show how you care and are always there to advise those who are a bit confused about the best course of action. Yes, it did sting a bit when i did it.. i tripped over my cat and met with my mirrored bedside cabinet at full force, thankfully there was a very skilled plastic surgeon at my local A&E whw did q fantastic job at stitching me back up! It could have been worse. Can i ask what the best thing to do with the single needles is? Its very indented when the light hits it and a little part is getting raised more than the other.. will the needling crush that tiny bit aswell? I know its a long road but ive been wearing cica care silicon sheets and headbands for nearly 4 months now and poeple at work think im trying to start a new trend! Thanks and best wishes. Vik

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 06:08:45 PM »
Yes, I thought you could use the single needle on the raised part of the scar to crush it. Hopefully it will work.

vicksta1973

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2012, 04:00:36 PM »
Thank you, i think im going to get some of the single needles in a week or two when my skins had a rest from the last session. Im a bit confused as to how i can crush the raised area with a single needle while stimulating growth on the indented bit.. i guess i would use the needle more agressivley on the raised bit to flatten it? Thanks for your advice.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2012, 01:47:04 PM »
Your question is more or less answered here in my reply #4:  

https://http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarolling-microneedling/needling-dermarolling-hypertrophic-scar