Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Derma-rolling Lips for Fuller Plumper Lips?  (Read 20574 times)

NewSkin

Derma-rolling Lips for Fuller Plumper Lips?
« on: March 08, 2012, 03:26:46 PM »
Hello everyone!! and a special hello to you Sarah!! Thank you for all your hard work and dedication... because of your wonderful efforts I am proud to say that I look 10 years younger!

I have a question for anyone whom has any insight for me regarding derma-rolling of the lips themselves for plumper, fuller, more well-rounded  lips...

Has anyone tried this?? Do you think it would be possible to increase lip fulness to any degree?? (in my case my upper lip only as my bottom lip does not need anymore fullness). I am basically trying to even things out my making my upper more symmetrical to the lower.

Derma-fillers are so expensive, not permanent and painful!!! Needless to say I would be injecting a foreign substance into my body!!! Needling would be painful as well but I much rather do it myself at home with a smaller size derma-roller than have  a Dr stick me repeatedly with a long needle.

I am assuming our lips get their plumpness from collagen as well... would this be possible? If so, what size derma-roller would be appropriate? And what length of time in-between sessions?

Thank you so much everyone and happy needling to all!!!  Hehehe...

soon

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 07:41:05 AM »
If your top lip has scaring or wrinkles I think it could improve lip line. But I don't think it would "build something" that wasn't there to begin with. Post rolling inflammation could look like its working ;)

Sarah once advised me on micro lipo injections for forehead lines, maybe this could be done on lips also. It costs more than other fillers but at least it comes from you & last longer.

All the best

Soon

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2012, 06:27:15 PM »
I am delighted that dermarolling works for you!

I agree with Soon. If you upper lip is less plump than your lower lip (most people have it this way) dermarolling cannot make the upper lip the same size as the lower one.

Dermarolling can perhaps improve lip creases and "refresh" the lips but it cannot really increase their size.

Dermarolling the lips can sometimes trigger cold sores in people that are very prone to them.

The skin on the lips is thin so take it in consideration when you choose the needle length.

Do not forget to disinfect the lips. The mouth is full of bacteria.