Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Treating deep white stretchmarks with our single needle  (Read 7032 times)

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Treating deep white stretchmarks with our single needle
« on: February 08, 2010, 07:19:55 AM »
>I have very deep white stretch marks which are quite wide in width and

>cause me distress.Can the derma roller work to getting the marks back to

>normal skin colour or do they only help with the skin texture and >tightness?

Stretchmarks are deep furrows in the skin and unfortunately there is currently no method to make them completely disappear. If I promised you that your stretchmarks would disappear with our dermarolling products, it would be a lie.

You can achieve a big improvement in the appearance of the stretchmarks with dermarolling combined with single-needling provided you have lots of patience and perseverance. It is a long-term project.

Repeated needling of your stretchmarks should eventually make your stretchmarks a bit shallower, narrower and the skin color will improve and blend more with the surrounding skin. Nevertheless, stretchmarks are scars and the color of the scar will always be different from the normal skin.

Needling can also trigger Melanocyte production (if you are lucky).

Stretchmarks usually have no melanocytes and that's why they do not tan. You should single-needle your stretchmarks repeatedly (once in 4-5 weeks) and then expose your stretchmarks to the sun and hopefully they will tan a bit. Not everybody had Melanocyte production and not everybody achieved a strong improvement with single-needling but many of our customers did.

Needling is done by our single needle that we specifically designed for this purpose, It is very thin (0.25 mm) with a long taper but strong enough to repeatedly prick the skin without it getting blunt or bent.

Eventually it will get blunt of course and you have to replace it.

You use the single needle in combination with a dermaroller, as explained in our instructions.

> because i have triedthe derma roller on and off and i notice my skin

> isnt as wrinkled however the white lines are still there? Any reccomendations?

You should try to densely prick your stretchmarks with our singe needle which is a part of our dermarolling kit. Its laborious but it is worth it. You can prick several stretchmarks every day. Once you get the hang of it you can do it quite quickly.  

It is explained in our instructions how to do it:

https://http://dermaroller.owndoc.com/dermaroller-instructions.pdf

That method should be only used on the stretchmarks themselves, not on the surrounding skin.

When the needling has healed you can expose your stretchmarks to the sun and they might tan.

But first they should be repeatedly pricked (once a month per stretchmark) for several months.